Duchess Arlene Tamiya P-51D

CANicoll

Gents, thanks for the comments!

John, the annoying thing about this is that on Big Beautiful Doll, my other Tamiya P-51D, I did paint them black, but in Mike's follow-on picture they look flat black to me.  I should be able to easily correct that. 

Mike, you are right, the seat belts are pulled a bit too far forward - will see if I can fix that - but also am referencing these pictures:

Om4wcz.jpg

i87MrR.jpg

mkIoYg.jpg

Went back and forth on whether to put a pilot into the seat, but the figure just covers up too much of the interior, something else learned from BBD.

Thanks again guys!

Chris

13 hours ago, CANicoll said:

I hear you.  I got all three sets put on this evening, thanks for highlighting for me.  Do you have a build thread on your build?  CN

Glad to help, I don't have a build thread going. Don't have a photo hosting site other than PB which I don't use anymore. I wish there were an easier way to post photos here. Oh well

10 hours ago, markiii said:

Glad to help, I don't have a build thread going. Don't have a photo hosting site other than PB which I don't use anymore. I wish there were an easier way to post photos here. Oh well

Check out postimage - free and very easy to use

Thanks Markiii, here is the finished sidewall with the added 7 decals I missed earlier.  Added a drop of clear to the semi-circle gauge.

That is something like 17 decals just on this sidewall, and I know there are a few that are missing from the period photos I've seen. 

UhQuok.jpg

More to come.  Thanks!!

Chris

17 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Mike, you are right, the seat belts are pulled a bit too far forward - will see if I can fix that - but also am referencing these pictures:

Hey, you got proof , go for it. That verticle tube in the back that the belts attach too

may have had a hydraulic tube inside it that allowed for belt tension adjustment.

Kinda like Spits and Hurris .

Looking good.

5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Hey, you got proof , go for it. That verticle tube in the back that the belts attach too

may have had a hydraulic tube inside it that allowed for belt tension adjustment.

Kinda like Spits and Hurris .

Looking good.

Mike:  I like your thinking on that. Thanks for your comments, always welcomed!

11 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Thanks Markiii, here is the finished sidewall with the added 7 decals I missed earlier.  Added a drop of clear to the semi-circle gauge.

That is something like 17 decals just on this sidewall, and I know there are a few that are missing from the period photos I've seen. 

UhQuok.jpg

More to come.  Thanks!!

Chris

Much better sir, are you going to paint that line below the data placards?