Sign in to follow this  
BiggTim

You know you have a problem when.....

...you call other people strange for freaking out and clearing the store shelves in advance of a winter storm (like we have almost every winter here, duh! :mental:) but you'll drive 10 miles in a blizzard to Hobby Lobby for a bottle of Tamiya Extra Thin. :whistle:

Tim

Yea they get crazy over here also. Vermont that is. Funny thing is theses people live here all there lives should be used to it by now course on another note when I go to Florida to visit friends it drops to 50 degrees there in winter clothes I'm in a shirt and shorts. Then they start calling me crazy. Lol 

Edited by rigor

35 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

But you have a 4WD right ?

Amazing the store was even open !  :o

Yes, I do. I live in central Washington, where you have to own at least one 4x4, by law. :D I was the only person in the store besides the staff, I think.

I have no concept of the 'problem' that Tim is talking about... Nope.. I see the snowstorm coming and I make sure I have paint, primer and glue.  That is what overnight shipping is for, right?  And batteries in case the lights go out.  Just sayin'...

Chris

3 hours ago, chrish said:

hahaha...I did that! not a blizzard but whats being calling a polar vortex, went to the hobby shop for paint...-45° Celsius, when you need paint you need paint! 

Jeepers, where in Canada is this? My kids are going to Canada on holiday in two weeks time. 

hahaha almost everywhere in West central Canada at the moment, Saskatchewan (all of it) is bitter bitter cold, (breaking 120 year old records...global warming eh?!) Northern Alberta and most of Manitoba...I'm currently doing my job searches in the Cayman and Bahamas islands. Enough is enough!

Supposed to warm up to milder weather in a week or so, but that's relatively speaking. It'll still be -25° Celsius with the wind making it feel like -41° (wind chill) In case you have never felt that cold...it's warmer in some places on mars! The local science guy was pointing out (on TV) that if there was 02 on mars we would be warmer there!

About 20 X colder than a commercial deep freeze! COLD! 

I was labeled a bit crazy by my work colleges when they found out I did not leave work early like they did  to avoid a nasty ice and snow storm but I drove into it to pick up a kit.   The unobtainium kit was once owned by a man that recently passed away and then on that day by me who needed more than three hours to drive home.  Many cars ended up in the ditch or cracking together.

Rick

I had to walk to my local hobby shop here in Singapore this past w/e.. I don’t have a car nor do I want one while here. A brilliant city to get around in.    I’m thinking it was  87f / 35C with some clouds a bit warm and humid as usual but an awesome weekend.    All this hiking around for a bottle of Mr. Color leveling thinner to throw in my back pack.  Bought some acrylic rod at the awesome art store in the same complex and then hit a local English pub on the way back to the apartment.  

Snow?  I grew up in that stuff and  It’s nice to see on the news once in a while.  Lol.