WNW is nowhere near the end of its run...!

Pup7309

5 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

I never would have guessed WnWs would come out with two versions of a G-1. it’s amazing when you think that the first two production contracts for the G-1 were classified as fighters, it wasn’t until the release of the Eindecker 1 that the Germans decided to take this slow ineffective fighter and do something else to it like adding bombs. I probably won’t get one, but it is a nice looking plane, I guess????!!!???

The top of the bomber version looks a bit like a Eindecker iv

9 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Ok thanks! Cant really visualize the clothes hanger technique but sounds like it's the go. I've got 1/48 turnbuckles because they are closer to scale but wow they are so fiddly not sure if Im going to use them...

You take a dremel and cut the clothes hanger on the side near the end so you can grab a line from the side of the hanger to pull the line towards you through the other rigging until you can easily grab it. On another piece of clothes hanger, cut a V on the end. This will be used to push a line through. I also work on 1/48 sailing ships of the late 18th Century and early 19th Century. I find rigging tools essential. I also rummaged through my ship tool box to help rig my FE-2. They were invaluable. I’m still looking for a 1/32 canary. I heard that riggers put one between the rigging. If the canary managed to escape, it meant that a wire broke or came off. If you look at the beautiful planes that Richard Alexander built on the WnWs site, you will notice that he doesn’t use turnbuckles.

Edited by Fred Jack

Wasn't this entitled "Is WNW near the end of it's run" or similar to start with ?

I thought it was settled quite early on that it isn't.

:)

Maybe changing the title is a good way of keeping a thread going when it's past it's sell-by date ?

:D

On 3/3/2019 at 11:25 AM, Pup7309 said:

Oh you never know. He might be kicking back with a smooth malt whiskey on the rocks, in a hotel room at a loose end thinking:

‘Wish I could get stuck into that Handley Page instead of looking over the latest script for Pirates of the Carribean 6’ (Yes it’s Disney)

Before he knows it he’s scrolling past Scale Modeller forums and sees ‘WNW at the end of its run?! What! Pours another scotch then has a read and a laugh. 

Well maybe not. But it is his side business and if someone from WNW reads these forums and gets something out of it, great. 

To be honest, i really don't care what he think's. I see allot reply's over here about Peter jackson this....Peter Jackson that................really, that guy is just is a guy that makes models, nothing more to me, nothing less. Again,his personal favour leaves me stone cold. The only thing that count's is the fact that my money will be spend on certain WNW models which i like. What the so called Sir ??? Peter want's, i really don't care. This guy is on the model's kit's market, so he has to go where the customer wants to go, not where he want's to go.

13 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Has everyone checked out Wingleader's issue number 3? Those Estonian marked planes look awesome! And now I know we need a Friedrichshafen FF 41AT, whereas before I didn't even know one existed!

Check it out, hey it's free!

Thanks just subscribed. The Freidrichafen FF has a good chance of being done- apparently it was the most widely used German sea plane...

On 4/1/2019 at 5:32 AM, Fred Jack said:

You take a dremel and cut the clothes hanger on the side near the end so you can grab a line from the side of the hanger to pull the line towards you through the other rigging until you can easily grab it. On another piece of clothes hanger, cut a V on the end. This will be used to push a line through. I also work on 1/48 sailing ships of the late 18th Century and early 19th Century. I find rigging tools essential. I also rummaged through my ship tool box to help rig my FE-2. They were invaluable. I’m still looking for a 1/32 canary. I heard that riggers put one between the rigging. If the canary managed to escape, it meant that a wire broke or came off. If you look at the beautiful planes that Richard Alexander built on the WnWs site, you will notice that he doesn’t use turnbuckles.

Thanks I'll give it a try!

They could always make some Ukrainian aircraft as well as Estonian. What the heck, add some Lithuanian, Latvian and Polish aircraft and you'd make me happy.

Tnarg

By the way, thanks for that link to Wingleader... nice work on their part.

Edited by Tnarg

13 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Another Eindecker bites the dust. Such an important type, and yet, so little interest...

I know a lot of modelers reference "importance" when it comes to models.

I go 100% by aesthetic appeal.  If I don't like it, it doesn't get built.  If it's cool/pretty, I want to build it.  How relevant or important the subject matter is/was is irrelevant to the discussion.

At least for me.

Here's the thing: a lot of airplane modelers seem to approach this hobby from a historical museum curator point of view.

I approach it from an artistic/creative point of view.

21 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Important, but so important as to have 5 boxings?!

Not sure. I’m struggling to buy 1 on special!  But there are modellers whose interest is early types of A/C and airmen like Boelke or Immelmann. I respect that, but can't really get excited by its 'look'.

One person earlier said it would be easier to rig. Yes it’s a monoplane but the underside rigging looks fiddly.

If you like these aircraft it’s a world of choice until they sell out...and re-release as a duelist or special boxing.

Anyone made an eindecker? How does it compare?

Edited by Pup7309