WNW is nowhere near the end of its run...!

Pup7309

38 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Mongo Like float plane crazy contraptions.

Rick

Crazy. Amazing. Cool ugly. The rigging is a bit scary. If only I had the time. Hats off to anyone who makes it!

If they make this maybe they’ll  do a Caproni bomber, Caldron or other important types?

On 9 March 2019 at 6:50 AM, MikeC said:

But before that, there are still WWI types like the Sopwith Baby or Short 184.  I have to confess though, WNW would do a great job on a Swordfish or Blackburn Shark.

Swordfish could follow Lancaster after Sir PJ has dam-busted and flipped the Tirpitz, in time for a remake of Sink the Bismarck

I have heard that the Trumpeter Swordfish are top drawer designs, in the just bl**dy get on with it and build one category. 

Kitty Hawk is probably the best bet for a Grumman Duck. 

May still succumb and get a post war Brisfit, the real thing having been made just up the road. 

Tony

On 3/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, Tony T said:

Swordfish could follow Lancaster after Sir PJ has dam-busted and flipped the Tirpitz, in time for a remake of Sink the Bismarck

I have heard that the Trumpeter Swordfish are top drawer designs, in the just bl**dy get on with it and build one category. 

Kitty Hawk is probably the best bet for a Grumman Duck. 

May still succumb and get a post war Brisfit, the real thing having been made just up the road. 

Tony

All comes down to what Sir PJ wants. Not sure if WNW is going down that path any time soon, but maybe after WW1 is exhausted we'll see a run of WW2...?

19 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Apparently Peter Jackson's favourite aircraft is the Spitfire... so an FR.18 when you're ready.

Then we'll probably see one with a surface skin like the Lanc. Is he a fan of any others you know of?

On 3/9/2019 at 12:50 AM, MikeC said:

But before that, there are still WWI types like the Sopwith Baby or Short 184. 

Id take either for SURE, but a baby on floats would be outstanding

29628417434_7ec436bba4_b.jpg

Im actually hoping their Lanc sets a precedent, and they expand into more WWII stuff. Other than the Lanc, which does not interest me much,  Im not sure I could resist  much of anything WWII that WnW would put out. 

both Wars are interconnected / consequences of the circumstances surrounding the time when Europe was the Centre of the World. A good book about this:

https://www.amazon.com/War-That-Ended-Peace-Road/dp/140006855X/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=margaret+world+war&qid=1553694208&s=gateway&sr=8-1

So, I'd say, Sir Peter can continue with WWI and then slide right to WWII...his company is Tamiya-like so all modellers would welcome it. The Lancaster (and hopefully the movie) is something I - as a jet-guy - am most interested in. The level of engineering is mind-blowing.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Is this topic nearing the end of it's run?

Probably should have been dead over around 14 pages ago, being that is on page 15 now.  Someday this page will be resurrected and someone will say they were right it is over and so on.  It may never end.  After WNW is dead and burried, then we will debate that.  What did kill WNW?  

Wasn’t there a rumor somewhere back around page two that they were going to blow it out with two Gotha kits and close the doors on their 10th Anniverary?:mellow:

Most people, even modelers have no idea how many different kinds of airplanes flew in WW1. The aircraft industry was so new that in such a short time they had to keep reinventing airplanes. They didn’t go from the flimsy first Prewar A types to the Fokker D.Vlls or Bristol Brisfits building only a dozen or so experimental planes. It took hundreds and the only real way they could be tested was in combat. This did prove effective even if costly in men and machines.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:17 PM, Pup7309 said:

Seems like Hobbycraft have died:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/79826-is-hobbycraft-still-active/

Thought this might be WNWs opportunity to kit some SPADs. Googled it - Roden has already done them. Darn. Dr1 too. 

Roden has only done SPAD Vlls. There are the Xl, Xll, Xlll, etc...