WNW is nowhere near the end of its run...!

Pup7309

As a few of us have alluded to before, this column is like a slow moving train wreck moving down the line with nowhere to go... Personally, I think it's really quite hilarious that there is a WNW wish list thread at the same time... and popular! maybe African humour is not the same as the rest of the world. Also, there are many kits produced by WNW that point to alternative boxings never produced yet... if you have a Pfalz DIIIA it has Pfalz DIII /DIIIA moulded into every sprue... the DIII needs only a new fuselage sprue to become a reality... And there are more examples apparently, but I don't have the kits personally to confirm it, so please let us know if you spot these! Also, if you refer to the individual kit numbers kindly supplied by WNW on their site, you will see that there are quite a few kits missing from the sequential releases proposed by WNW... 14 kits if my maths is correct! Yeah, some of them may be alternative colour schemes or variants, but I think we are in for some amazing future releases! I can just hear Richard Alexander and Sir Peter chuckling as they contemplate their rapid departure from the model production scene... in reality, the best is still to come, just the thought of the Handley Page keeps me awake at night... Well done, WNW! (Disinformation campaign included!) I, personally, have no doubt this company is in sound financial shape, and I doubt the resolve of the WNW team has changed in the slightest, I feel their amusement at the negative sentiments expressed here is palpable... But I assure you, as per usual, they will say nothing...

Yours in modelling,

And looking forward to a great WNW future,

Marc

43 minutes ago, Marcleon said:

As a few of us have alluded to before, this column is like a slow moving train wreck moving down the line with nowhere to go... 

Each of us are free (and, I hope, welcome) to speak our minds. Equally, people are just as free to look away. This thread is not compulsory. :-)

Radu

On 3/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, Fred Jack said:

Like you I also loved the Aurora WW1 planes. I have a goal of having 1/32nd versions of those planes. The WnWs release of the Halberstadt CL-2 made this goal one plane closer. What is still missing is the following:

Albatros C-lll

Gotha G-V, however I am satisfied with the G-lV

Arco DH-4

Breguet Bre-14

Dehavilland DH-10

Curtis Jenny, although Aurora merely rereleased the Hawk Kit

The only Aurora WWl kits I never owned were the Fokker Dr-1, Sopwith Camel, SPAD Xlll, because of the Revell 1/28 releases of these planes and the Nieuport Nie 28, because it came out much later.

Yes the Aurora artwork was great! I think all those types are a possibility especially Alb CIII. The Gotha GV just has difficult engines? So definitely one of those...he has Breguet in the museum so probably yes to that too! The others why not?

3 hours ago, Marcleon said:

Also, if you refer to the individual kit numbers kindly supplied by WNW on their site, you will see that there are quite a few kits missing from the sequential releases proposed by WNW... 14 kits if my maths is correct! Yeah, some of them may be alternative colour schemes or variants, but I think we are in for some amazing future releases! I can just hear Richard Alexander and Sir Peter chuckling...in reality, the best is still to come...

Yours in modelling,

And looking forward to a great WNW future,

Marc

Hi 

Let’s hope if they’re reading they get something out of the posts, as many have. You make a few points but I’ll just stick with the one quoted.

So 14 slots to fill? Let’s say half are re-boxes, that’s 7 new kits, which in itself is great.

There are the side-lines with the figures and duelist packs. 

So their options are not limitless, but many. However it doesn’t come down to how many WNW could make but how many they want to make, and which ones.

I like the logic of them filling the slots (up to 100?.) But it’s interesting the Lancs are part of the number sequence. Which seems to indicate they always meant to do them, or they are not really following a neat formula?

Edited by Pup7309

On 2/10/2019 at 4:09 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

Spads

Nieuports

Dr.I

etc

etc

etc

They have years of potential WWII subjects yet to do.

Then...

DH-4

JN-4 (they could do variations of those two for years)

Then...

Between the wars

Seems like Hobbycraft have died:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/79826-is-hobbycraft-still-active/

Thought this might be WNWs opportunity to kit some SPADs. Googled it - Roden has already done them. Darn. Dr1 too. 

Edited by Pup7309

12 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Seems like Hobbycraft have died:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/79826-is-hobbycraft-still-active/

Thought this might be WNWs opportunity to kit some SPADs. Googled it - Roden has already done them. Darn. Dr1 too. 

I don't really mind if WNW refuse to do SPADs or the Fokker Dr.I as long as Copper State Models steps in and does them instead! 

The next several kit launches from CSM should be obvious for them.  Do the stuff everyone wants WNW to do, but which they won't do.

SPADs and the DR.I should be items 1 and 1(a) on that list.

On 3/11/2019 at 4:24 AM, ringleheim said:

I don't really mind if WNW refuse to do SPADs or the Fokker Dr.I as long as Copper State Models steps in and does them instead! 

The next several kit launches from CSM should be obvious for them.  Do the stuff everyone wants WNW to do, but which they won't do.

SPADs and the DR.I should be items 1 and 1(a) on that list.

Yes CSM to the rescue! though it might be a year or two before they can get them to market.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:48 AM, Radub said:

Dave Johnson, the WNW sales manager is a member here.

Last year when LSP had their meeting in Phoenix, Richard Alexander showed up, so he knows about LSP. He is a funny guy and he is probably laughing out loud right now.

Radu 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:14 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

As it happens, Richard's a member here too.

Kev

Actually, I might have to retract that statement, as I can't seem to find any evidence of Richard having a membership account here. I'm either thinking of somebody else, or just had a massive brain fart. Either way, Richard is of course always welcome to join us!

Kev

On 3/20/2019 at 7:54 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Actually, I might have to retract that statement, as I can't seem to find any evidence of Richard having a membership account here. I'm either thinking of somebody else, or just had a massive brain fart. Either way, Richard is of course always welcome to join us!

Kev

No probs might send him an email with a link.

Clearly not after their 10th Anniversary Gotha release! 

Those here hoping for a French, Italian or fighter release will have to keep waiting. The Gotha float plane was not the one I was hoping for but some will like it. What a surprise! Interesting choice. Something different.

3 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Clearly not after their 10th Anniversary Gotha release! 

Those here hoping for a French, Italian or fighter release will have to keep waiting. The Gotha float plane was not the one I was hoping for but some will like it. What a surprise! Interesting choice. Something different.

Mongo Like float plane crazy contraptions.

Rick