WNW is nowhere near the end of its run...!

Pup7309

49 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

No he's a successful businessman/Director and busy making money.

It just showed up on his twitter feed, something about he saw this thread, called and closed WNW effective immediately then bought a Island in the Caribbean to shoot a remake of Pirates of the Caribbean featuring Robert Deniro in the comic role of young bumbling pirate.

21 hours ago, GrahamF said:

No he's a successful businessman/Director and busy making money.

Oh you never know. He might be kicking back with a smooth malt whiskey on the rocks, in a hotel room at a loose end thinking:

‘Wish I could get stuck into that Handley Page instead of looking over the latest script for Pirates of the Carribean 6’ (Yes it’s Disney)

Before he knows it he’s scrolling past Scale Modeller forums and sees ‘WNW at the end of its run?! What! Pours another scotch then has a read and a laugh. 

Well maybe not. But it is his side business and if someone from WNW reads these forums and gets something out of it, great. 

Edited by Pup7309

I always have found it funny that WNW exists, in theory, to supply Peter Jackson with his personal supply of 1/32 WWI modeling subjects.  As though he has hours to kill building model airplanes these days.

Maybe between projects, but during the years when he was doing the LOTR/Hobbit films, I'd be surprised if he had more than about 8 minutes to himself per day for a period of years.

Richard Alexander has stated that he ran a local hobby shop in Wellington, and Peter Jackson would come in from time to time buying stuff.  This is how Jackson came to know Alexander, and how he was chosen to run the WNW project I guess.

So it definitely seems like Peter Jackson was into modeling at least at one point in time, though I think that would have been prior to LOTR and him becoming a fairly well known director.  

I'd love to know how much time he has for modeling now.  It can't be much.

3 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I always have found it funny that WNW exists, in theory, to supply Peter Jackson with his personal supply of 1/32 WWI modeling subjects.  As though he has hours to kill building model airplanes these days.

Maybe between projects, but during the years when he was doing the LOTR/Hobbit films, I'd be surprised if he had more than about 8 minutes to himself per day for a period of years.

Richard Alexander has stated that he ran a local hobby shop in Wellington, and Peter Jackson would come in from time to time buying stuff.  This is how Jackson came to know Alexander, and how he was chosen to run the WNW project I guess.

So it definitely seems like Peter Jackson was into modeling at least at one point in time, though I think that would have been prior to LOTR and him becoming a fairly well known director.  

Talking to him is funny................

We all had a big dinner at the US NATs last year in PHX, and invited Richard along, and surprisingly enough, he accepted. Hes a funny bloke, very laid back, but trying to get anything out of him model wise, or getting ANY inclination of what they are doing or when (obviously) is like trying to drink whiskey from a bottle of wine. 

He went out to eat with us late, had some drinks, then left to go out and drink more, saw him up at 2 or 3 still, and then saw him traipsing around the hotel the next morning before 8!  :lol: hard core guy.    Nice, but hard core!

On 3/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, ringleheim said:

So it definitely seems like Peter Jackson was into modeling at least at one point in time, though I think that would have been prior to LOTR and him becoming a fairly well known director

He's said before that he built kits when he was a kid.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, ringleheim said:

PJ had no time during the LOTR and Hobbit films, infact they were under pressure  to get the Hobbit films finished before release (the last instalment especially) 

WNW started in 2009, between the 2 trilogies (but they had legal issues with the Hobbit and other projects on as well as getting WNW up.) Maybe when he doesn’t have more pressing commitments he comes back to modeling?

Edited by Pup7309

3 hours ago, Radub said:

Maybe he already showed his work here and in other places under a pseudonym. ;-) Maybe. 

Now that would be a heck of a thing.  :lol:  I actually would not put it past him.  But where would he get the time?!???

35 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Now that would be a heck of a thing.  :lol:  I actually would not put it past him.  But where would he get the time?!???

The truth of the matter is that we just do not know HOW he builds his models. Some assume that he needs to spend hours stooped over a desktop in a cavernous workshop surounded by state-of-the-art tools. Maybe he just builds his models on a  tray on his knees, using just five tools, while watching TV in his trailer on the set. We just do not know. But it is hilarious how many people claim to know everything about the man, the company or the business! :-) We just do not know!

Radu 

5 hours ago, Radub said:

The truth of the matter is that we just do not know HOW he builds his models. Some assume that he needs to spend hours stooped over a desktop in a cavernous workshop surounded by state-of-the-art tools. Maybe he just builds his models on a  tray on his knees, using just five tools, while watching TV in his trailer on the set. We just do not know. But it is hilarious how many people claim to know everything about the man, the company or the business! :-) We just do not know!

Radu 

Cracks me up as well Radu, just like this thread which I did promise myself not to post in as I prefer building his products than talking about them..........:frantic:

Regards.Andy 

9 hours ago, Radub said:

Maybe Peter Jackson is just enjoying buildig models in his own way in his own time. Maybe he already showed his work here and in other places under a pseudonym. ;-) Maybe. 

Radu 

Time to start a new thread - Which LSP’er is actually Peter Jackson incognito?   

3 minutes ago, John1 said:

Time to start a new thread - Which LSP’er is actually Peter Jackson incognito?   

Dave Johnson, the WNW sales manager is a member here.

Last year when LSP had their meeting in Phoenix, Richard Alexander showed up, so he knows about LSP. He is a funny guy and he is probably laughing out loud right now.

Radu