Pup7309

Is WNW nearing the end of its run?

22 hours ago, Radub said:

That is just because the decal sheet is so sparse that they had to fill it with something. It is part of a kit, it is not "a decal sheet for a competitor". That is no "proof" of a "rule". And in any case, there is no "rule" that WNW will never ever issue a Dr.I.

Oh Radu, you complain about people making things up about WNW but then go right ahead and make something up yourself. You know that saying they included decals for the Roden Dr.I 'just because the decal sheet is so sparse that they had to fill it with something' is utter nonsense, right? This is the decal sheet in question, with the Dr.I markings highlighted - they're about 25% of the total area of the decal sheet, so hardly 'space filler'. And that's before we consider why they'd go to the time and expense of making them just to fill a decal sheet - surely you'd save the money and just make the sheet smaller if you were a traditional model company, right? 

h52386885_10155939045512050_2507147469247

And you're just playing semantics by saying 'It is part of a kit, it is not "a decal sheet for a competitor"' - you know very well that STWilliams meant that they included decals for a competitor manufacturer's kit in one of their own products. Besides which, WNW didn't have to include the decals for the Roden Dr.I at all. They could have easily left them out. It doesn't mean that they are now abiding by some rule that means they'll never release a Dr.I - in fact the instruction sheet for the kit even says 'Recommended model (as at April 2018) is Roden 601 1/32 Fokker Dr.I. So make what you will out of the words 'as at April 2018'.

It does prove that they're not a traditional manufacturer, though, unless you can show me another example of where a company has included decals in one of their own kits for a model that they don't produce, but a rival company does.

Edited by vince14

1 hour ago, vince14 said:

It does prove that they're not a traditional manufacturer, though, unless you can show me another example of where a company has included decals in one of their own kits for a model that they don't produce, but a rival company does.

I don't have to "prove" anything.

I am not the one treating WNW like a "cult" with a "messiah" (PJ), revelations (interviews taken as gospel), and commandments (rules about what they "do" and "do not do"). I am fully aware that I blasphemed in some of the cultists eyes, but I do not believe any of the BS peddled about them. I refuse to drink the Kool Aid. I love their products and I bought a lot of them. I demonstrated in my replies that all the so-called "rules" about WNW are pure BS. You believe whatever you want. :-) 

Radu  

Edited by Radub

On 2/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, LSP_Mike said:

Since WNW has become the benchmark for 1/32

Hmmm, until the WNW Lanc is actually released, Tamiya hold that title as much as WNW in my view.

Most of their WWI kits are actually rather simple - beautiful, but still ultimately simple in terms of kit engineering

and before all the WNWers get their rigging in a twist, this is *not* a criticism of WNW, just a reflection of their subject matter.

The Lanc will obviously change all that.

just my 2c of course...

On 2/12/2019 at 6:02 PM, ringleheim said:

Is it just me? It seems like WNW generates an enormous amount of conversation at this forum, but very little in the way of build threads or finished models!

not on here anyway

i think you'll find there's a lot on LSM...

21 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Could the extra Dr1 decals be for a future kit? 

Now there’s a thought!

To "recap", that is the "nub" of the "riposte" from some here. Apparently, when asked if they were doing a Dr.I, Richard Alexander replied "there is one already on the market". Some concluded that this was in line with the BS "rule" that "WNW never ever issues kits made by others" (Lancaster much?) and that WNW will never ever issue a Dr.I. I am quite certain that WNW will eventually issue a Dr.I. That stupid made-up "rule" has been breached by WNW many times (again, Lancaster!). When (not if) the Dr.I will be released I will relish in watching these people try to justify how it breached their BS "rule". :-)

Radu

1 hour ago, Radub said:

To "recap", that is the "nub" of the "riposte" from some here. Apparently, when asked if they were doing a Dr.I, Richard Alexander replied "there is one already on the market". Some concluded that this was in line with the BS "rule" that "WNW never ever issues kits made by others" (Lancaster much?) and that WNW will never ever issue a Dr.I. I am quite certain that WNW will eventually issue a Dr.I. That stupid made-up "rule" has been breached by WNW many times (again, Lancaster!). When (not if) the Dr.I will be released I will relish in watching these people try to justify how it breached their BS "rule". :-)

Radu

...unless they fiddle around and wait too long and another company (Copperstate :whistle:) comes along and beats them to the punch.  Not trying to hijack a thread, but based on the Nieuport 17 kit they did, this seems a possibility.

Edited by esarmstrong

17 minutes ago, Radub said:

Agreed!

Will WNW go out of business before this thread ends?  :BANGHEAD2:

It is like a slow motion train wreck, I can't help but watch.

But will they ever release French aircraft?

- just doing my part to keep this meaningless and yet very entertaining thread alive. 

1 minute ago, John1 said:

But will they ever release French aircraft?

No need to do so, CSM all ready do their job, and they do it like real pro's. That said, hopefully they don't stall with these two kit's.;);)

2 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Will WNW go out of business before this thread ends?  :BANGHEAD2:

It is like a slow motion train wreck, I can't help but watch.

Sounds like a good title for another new thread.