WNW is nowhere near the end of its run...!

Pup7309

2 hours ago, STWilliams said:

They sell kits with the most demand. I love WNW kitting weird subjects. I prefer it. But why do they do it, it doesn't maximise revenue? Because Peter Jackson wanted that kit. That's not "traditional".

The most obvious indicator to me that they aren't interested in maximising revenue

is that they only produce 1/32 scale kits. Imagine the money they could make with

1/48 or 1/72.    :o

4 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

The most obvious indicator to me that they aren't interested in maximising revenue

is that they only produce 1/32 scale kits. Imagine the money they could make with

Heresy! There is only one true scale! Well, two if you count 1/24th.

6 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

True. Scale history has turned on PJ’s decision. I’m sure many modellers were converted up as result. 

Edited by Pup7309

16 hours ago, DannyVM said:

No need to do so, CSM all ready do their job, and they do it like real pro's. That said, hopefully they don't stall with these two kit's.;);)

+1 They still have to bring out British and other national markings for Nieuport but hopefully soon after that. CSM will be busy as they are a small company and the Dr1 and SPAD will be as,  or more popular, than the N 17.

Edited by Pup7309

17 hours ago, John1 said:

But will they ever release French aircraft?

- just doing my part to keep this meaningless and yet very entertaining thread alive. 

Yes they will. Unless they decide not to.

I’d say a Breguet is a 50/50 chance because Sir PJ has a replica (and like the Salmson it has US marking options.) I’d say a a Hanriot HD1 is a better than even chance.(Oh wait, that’s Belgian!)

Edited by Pup7309

11 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Couldn't agree more, I have a fair few WnW in the stash and love building them but they are nowhere near Tamiya levels of engineering and sometimes you have to wonder if the guys at WnW ever build any of their own test shots as stuff doesn't fit, overly tight etc and the latest Halberstadt sprue's have an awful lot of flash for a brand new state of the art kit . Don't get any of that with Tamiya stuff.

Regards.Andy 

I also noticed a chip on the trailing edge of a wing and a bit of flash on the Halberstadt. I can file this down easy enough and write the chip off as battle damage, but yes can confirm this.

My main misgiving with ordering direct from WNW (apart from USD, fees etc) is that the kit box always arrives crushed because the outside box is not sturdy enough for a postal service indifferent to model collectors. Anyway my expectations are now adjusted to accept this, or go somewhere else. Their customer service is great.

Edited by Pup7309

Have had no problems with quality control, damaged parts, or crushed boxes despite having 20 kits now, and they have been sent half way across the planet.

Returning to the original question, -are they nearing the end of the run?

No way in my humble opinion.

I believe they have a few more tricks up their sleeves yet.

We still have not seen the long awaited figures either, apart from the Easter-eggs in the recent Aces editions, Triplane, Albatros, Eindcker,DH-2.

As to the subject of scale, I love 1/32 but if they re-issued some of the kits in 1/24rth, they certainly would be tempting.

9 hours ago, Palm-tree said:

Have had no problems with quality control, damaged parts, or crushed boxes despite having 20 kits now, and they have been sent half way across the planet.

My LVG lower wings from my Camel Duellist set, and no damage whatsoever to any of the packaging!!

20170702-193738.jpg

Fortunately Hannants sent my out a new sprue with no issues.

Regards.Andy 

Is WNW nearing the end of it's run?   No,Perhaps,maybe...

Personally I think they have a long way to go..and will be making new and exciting additions to the stable.  

And don't believe I'm lying,,but might be incorrect.there's always a first time.;)

Edited by williamj

1 hour ago, williamj said:

Is WNW nearing the end of it's run?   No,Perhaps,maybe...

Personally I think they have a long way to go..and will be making new and exciting additions to the stable.  

And don't believe I'm lying,,but might be incorrect.there's always a first time.;)

If only that was the first and last answer, topic over.

I think the chatter about kits quality what's missed off, done badly etc may be the reason why Airfix don't do 1:32. Perhaps the size of the models is caught between two awkward stools, big enough to 'technically' have every detail of a 1:24 kit but the customer not prepared to compromise like they would on a 1:48 kit. 

So they don't go there.

Graham