WNW is nowhere near the end of its run...!

Pup7309

2 hours ago, Radub said:

Dave Johnson, the WNW sales manager is a member here.

Last year when LSP had their meeting in Phoenix, Richard Alexander showed up, so he knows about LSP. He is a funny guy and he is probably laughing out loud right now.

Radu 

As it happens, Richard's a member here too.

Kev

2 hours ago, Radub said:

Dave Johnson, the WNW sales manager is a member here.

Last year when LSP had their meeting in Phoenix, Richard Alexander showed up, so he knows about LSP. He is a funny guy and he is probably laughing out loud right now.

Radu 

Yep! 

That meet and greet was fun!

On 2/12/2019 at 8:31 AM, Tnarg said:

Wingnut WIngs caught my interest because they made the fantasy of my youth a reality. I remember seeing and wanting the 1/48 scale Aurora kits of WWI subjects like the Breguet 14 and Albatros C.III but I only had the few dimes it took to buy and build Revell or Airfix WWI fighters. They covered half of my ceiling, while the other half eventually became Monogram and Revell WWII US bombers of WWII as my increased resources and Christmas presents provided later. The reality of the K&B or Aurora kits was nowhere as wonderful as their box art led me to believe, and the reality of Wingnut Wings may still be improved upon slightly, but it is pretty amazing. I still hope for the Breguet and the Albatros two seaters plus a lot more. It may be an old man's recapture of his youth, but it is also a re-creation of an incredibly different time that puts today's world into a different perspective.

Tnarg

Like you I also loved the Aurora WW1 planes. I have a goal of having 1/32nd versions of those planes. The WnWs release of the Halberstadt CL-2 made this goal one plane closer. What is still missing is the following:

Albatros C-lll

Gotha G-V, however I am satisfied with the G-lV

Arco DH-4

Breguet Bre-14

Dehavilland DH-10

Curtis Jenny, although Aurora merely rereleased the Hawk Kit

The only Aurora WWl kits I never owned were the Fokker Dr-1, Sopwith Camel, SPAD Xlll, because of the Revell 1/28 releases of these planes and the Nieuport Nie 28, because it came out much later.

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Lindberg

The one I had was Hawk. It was the only 1/48 biplane I ever rigged. It came in a yellow box with the large Hawk name on the upper left corner. The plane came in yellow plastic with the post war star and red circle insignia. Lindberg had two WWl planes in 1/40th scale. They were a SPAD Xlll in Post war markings and an SE-5. I did like the 1/48 Lindberg Stuka with the working motor, even if it was as bad as the Aurora WW2 planes and couldn’t compare with the later Monogram 1/48.

Edited by Fred Jack

As has been said before, if WNW uses the Albatros Productions books (Windsock Datafiles), as any sort of rough basis for WWI aircraft models to produce, they still have a long way to go. I recently compiled a complete listing of all 174 Datafile volumes to date, and there are many, many types not yet represented by WNW.

(If anyone is interested in this list (Excel document), just give me a shout and I'll email it to you.)

32 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

As has been said before, if WNW uses the Albatros Productions books (Windsock Datafiles), as any sort of rough basis for WWI aircraft models to produce, they still have a long way to go. I recently compiled a complete listing of all 174 Datafile volumes to date, and there are many, many types not yet represented by WNW.

(If anyone is interested in this list (Excel document), just give me a shout and I'll email it to you.)

Or the book French Aircraft of The First World War by Dr. James J Davilla and Arthur M. Soltan for the hundreds of French Aircraft. You’d be amazed at some of the huge four engine bombers including some of the Bleriot bombers with four engines with two above the lower two engines. I wonder how they started them? As far as Germany is concerned, there were about a dozen companies making beautiful A, B, and C types before 1916 of which WnWs has only released two B types and no A or C types, and have released only two British pre 1916 aircraft, and no French or any other pre 1916 aircraft.

Edited by Fred Jack

One could rattle off just about all WW2 aircraft and just about everyone can picture them in their mind without looking them up, but most people cannot picture much more than aabout a dozen WW1 aircraft without looking them up, and of the majority, most of them will only recognize the most widely known fighters.

Edited by Fred Jack

16 hours ago, Tony T said:

I'm still hoping Sir PJ will develop a passion for 1930s flying boats

And seaplanes, including the nautical variant of the Ju 52 — Revell, add them, you know it makes sense

Tony 

But before that, there are still WWI types like the Sopwith Baby or Short 184.  I have to confess though, WNW would do a great job on a Swordfish or Blackburn Shark.

8 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Actually, the most accurate "predictor" is the list of TVAL aircraft. That may mean we are due a Fokker D.VIII (or a Nieuport Bebe. ;-) )

Radu

On 2/10/2019 at 4:54 PM, DannyVM said:

For me, WNW was the solve regarding W.W.1 1/32 models. They released very interesting subjects in the beginning, but for now, they make strange decisions if you ask me. Going all the way into W.W.1 modeling which is very nice, and suddenly they go W.W.2......with a Lancaster.....:mental::mental::mental:.........keeping in mind another company released all ready one.......:oops:

Nope not my cup of tea anymore. I hope CSM will go further up the road with some interesting W.W.1 subjects which are still uncovered in 1/32 scale.

I welcome WWW’s entry into WW2 subjects with their quality.  That does not mean they cannot also still do WW1 (which are not really for me).  Their Lanc is a great choice despite the HKM kit and I would love them to follow up with more subjects.