what block does the Hobbyboss B-24J represent?

nmayhew

1 minute ago, Pup7309 said:

I wonder will another company see the sales and try to do one or have they missed the chance?

The KHM OV-10 has been out for more than 5 years, and AM landing gear just came out for it last year.  There is always a chance. 

There is a way Jennings: discuss with the resellers. That is what I did some weeks ago! Another easy way is a regular look at the evolution of the number of kits in stock from online resellers. This is another valid clue when you compare with similar kits. I do not know if the reason is linked to the fact this is the first very large scale bomber sold at such a price but I am convinced it is a better seller than the P-61. This is also possibly linked to the very large number of possible schemes (if you do not look too closely at block differences!). 

58 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Meaning that several people on this forum have bought it?  There is no way to know how well a kit is selling unless somebody at Trumpet Boss told you.

Indeed....  Every retailer I've checked so far that advertises the kit (as well as Ebay retailers) all have stock of this kit [Hannants alone is listing more than 10 in stock] excepting Squadron which may never have gotten the kit from rumblings I've heard/read across the internet at a previous date and Lucky Model.  IF it were selling well, you'd think that at least some of the retailers would be OOS?  To add to Jennings point, you'd also have to know how many are/were made to draw that conclusion.  IF HB popped out 5,000 and they've only sold 500, I wouldn't call that selling well; but as Jennings said, you'd have to get that information from Hobby Boss who probably aren't going to release those statistics to the public.

4 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Meaning that several people on this forum have bought it?  There is no way to know how well a kit is selling unless somebody at Trumpet Boss told you.

But the inverse is true, too. Only HB knows if the kit is selling poorly, so dinging somebody whose opinion is different from yours is pointless.

5 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

What you mean shops that had numerous of them in and no longer have them did what put them out the back?

Get serious mate...when shops had kits and no longer do that means they have SOLD....

In the mere 12 months i worked in a large hobby shop i dont remember hiding kits out the back...

So when you go in one day and there are 4 on the shelf then there are none left means at “least” 4 sold depending on if they had stock out the back.

Its quite easy to determine a kits popularity from shops sales, asking them and seeing how restock goes on sale.

Sorry to disapoint you but its selling well unless you dont believe store owners now?

You better not believe that according to the same guys the HK Lanc is going well to...

They may be selling the kits, but very few people seem to be building them.  Compare that to the number of people building, or have completed, the Ki-45, which is arguably a less popular aircraft in general than the B-24.  People are undoubtedly buying the B-24 and holding off on builds hoping that the aftermarket comes out with fixes to some of the kit’s major problems.  I guess as far as HB is concerned, it really doesn’t matter if people ever build the kits as long as they buy them, so by their standards, the kit is probably a success.

9 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

People are undoubtedly buying the B-24 and holding off on builds hoping that the aftermarket comes out with fixes to some of the kit’s major problems.  I guess as far as HB is concerned, it really doesn’t matter if people ever build the kits as long as they buy them, so by their standards, the kit is probably a success.

Id say that is probably an accurate assessment. I know personally that's what I'm waiting for.   I'm not holding out for any fixes to the wing profile issue, but Iain has shown that the profile does not seem to be quite as dramatically bad as had been thought. Its still way off from the Davis profile it should have, but to me the turrets and wheels are the major issue, with the wheels having been already taken care of. 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:15 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Id say that is probably an accurate assessment. I know personally that's what I'm waiting for.   I'm not holding out for any fixes to the wing profile issue, but Iain has shown that the profile does not seem to be quite as dramatically bad as had been thought. Its still way off from the Davis profile it should have, but to me the turrets and wheels are the major issue, with the wheels having been already taken care of. 

100%

11 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

Here we are discussing variants and conversions

Speaking of the veteran 1/48 Monogram kit-how many

conversions been done over the years?

Koster comes to mind,and that's it probably

Prove I'm wrong

True. Is he still going? Maybe he could do 1/32?