RODEN Boeing Stearman 1/32 PT-13 Kaydet - In development!!!

Jan_G

59 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

From what I read on Wiki, that's about it for the major differences.  I'm sure there was some internal structure differences to support different engines.

But I can see the aftermarket opening up with resin parts for engines, props, spinners, cowls, wheel pants, upper wing mods, decals.  If priced right, I might wind up with more of these than my Phantoms or F-16 stash.  :punk:

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, mozart said:

I'm very content with my lovely Silver Wings kit waiting to be built! :)

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

It's a beautiful kit.  Almost pulled the trigger.  I hope the IM kit builds out nicely as well.

I've got the kit in the stash too. It is very nice, but an IM kit would be very 

welcome still.

1 hour ago, Bradleygolding said:

This is Roden's chance to correct all of the things that are wrong with the Silver Wings kit, and sadly there are quite a few errors.

I thought I heard there were some shape errors, but I couldn't remember where I heard it.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I've got the kit in the stash too. It is very nice, but an IM kit would be very 

welcome still.

Yup.  An IM kit should be less $ than the Silver Wings one, nice as it is (I have one squirreled away also).  But I think the SW kit is no longer available, and I'd like to do more than one Stearman.

• 1 month later...

Boeing (Stearman) Model 75:

PT-13/ N2S-2 are Lycoming R-680 powered from factory.  

PT-17/N2S-1 and 3 are Continental W-670 from factory.

Standard wood fixed pitch or ground adjustable metal props.  

Jacobs R-755 and Pratt R-985 engines were never factory engines, but were common for ag applications post-war.  Most restored “stock” Stearmans today have Continental W-670 engines though the Jacobs is also popular even if not stock.  225hp Lycoming versions are out there, but less common.  Personally, I like the 300hp Lycoming with constant speed prop but certainly isn’t authentic, but performs better.  

I hope the Roden 1/32 is a Cont W-670 (factory designation), military R-670 version.  My dad used Continental and Jake powered Stearmans for several years. I’d love to model several various ones he flew, modified and restored.  

One of dad’s dusters. 

Ikkxj2.jpg

A couple we restored for customers. 

9UdTfF.jpg

l2zxfP.jpg

Edited by JimRice
Add photos.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, JimRice said:

Is it just me not seeing this or has the Stearman disappeared from their In Process list update?

it's still listed there Jim :)

jan