Robert

F4U-1A Corsair "Big Hog" 1/32

Hi everyone, this is my maiden built kit here on LSP. I chose to do VF-17 Sqn Cdr Tom Blackburn's F4U-1A "Big Hog".

Vought-F4U-1A-Corsair-VF-17-Jolly-Rogers

This is my first venture into larger scale planes. As I mentioned in my WIP thread, I'm fairly new at the hobby. This is the popular 1/32 F4U-1A Tamiya kit and everything is right out of the box with no added aftermarket bits. 

I apologize for the poor photos but right now I'm just trying to learn the modelling side of things- when I get that sorted perhaps I'll move on to better photography :)

Thanks for all the encouraging words in the WIP thread and thanks for taking the time to check out my interpretation of this beautiful bird.

1_1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Robert

Well, didn't that turn out a peach! Excellent work, Robert. My only critique would be that I think it's too glossy, even for a new bird. But that doesn't take anything away from what a terrific job you've done with it.

Kev

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Well, didn't that turn out a peach! Excellent work, Robert. My only critique would be that I think it's too glossy, even for a new bird. But that doesn't take anything away from what a terrific job you've done with it.

Kev

Thanks Kev, I appreciate the feedback. I went back and had a second look and then checked other aircraft photos and I agree. I've now gone back and gave it a duller coat and retook the photos- hopefully this is better. Thanks again for your help! :)

On 2/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, rigor said:

That is nice.  Well done.   What's next? 

Thanks, as crazy as this might sound-I ordered the exact same kit and I'm going to do it again only this time a Marine scheme. The new kit just arrived today but I'm starting a 1/48 Spit right now. This one is next.

IMG_3694.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I like it! It's a good looking model.

Are the current pics in the thread with the duller clear on?

Yes these are updated although I had an old shot of the glossier coat which I removed. Do you think it's still too glossy? 

Thanks for the nice compliments guys :)

8 minutes ago, Robert said:

Yes these are updated although I had an old shot of the glossier coat which I removed. Do you think it's still too glossy? 

Nope! That's why I asked, since I didn't think it looked too glossy at all.   Well done!