"Double Widow-Maker" (T)F104-G

Bill Cross

Well done Bill! Finally a 2 seat 104...I have that same kit but will build mine as a F-104D at Edwards AFB in flight test colors! You could always hear the J-79 HOWL when the pilot pulled the power off in the pattern to land..."I need more air". Great job!

Cheers...Ron

Thanks, Ron, it was a wrestling match with the kit, but it was a series of photos of F-104Gs in Luftwaffe service I saw here on LSP that captured my imagination. Good kits in the stash went un-built so I could turn my attention to this one. I was lucky, also, that Aeroscale gave me the kit to review and build, otherwise I would still be wrestling the single-seat version I embarked on first. It was a pleasure to do this one more or less OOB.

Edited by Bill Cross

20 minutes ago, F-4Phanwell said:

Really oustanding 104, i like the german navy scheme so much especially the dayglo tiptanks, thats why i painted my F-104G by Italeri few years ago  in navy scheme too.

Thank you very much. I am glad I ordered the Hataka colors, too, their "international orange" or whatever the Luftwaffe designation is, turned out very well when sprayed over a white base.

Edited by Bill Cross

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, everyone. I'm actually going to put the single-seater version away for awhile. I need a break from the ill-fitting Aires resin and all the bullshit associated with making this plane look right.