RN Westland Lynx HAS.3 ICE XZ246/434 *COMPLETED*

Winnie

Carl, they were straight out of the kit, the front ones got a bit of "Sheep-Skin" with a stiff brush. I tried to soften the cushion area with laquer thinner, but it didn't work as I wanted so I took thick vallejo paint and a brush.

@Robthepom, nope! Not even close to your skills! Wow that PE interior looks amazing. Rivets... Well I Have them, but not for this project, this one was straight fun, no challenges... And patience which I lack severely at the moment.

No. I'm going for a clean used bird.

It's got the stance now:

Gqqs5ZP.jpg

Wheels/LG struts are not glued in, I just had to see the stance... I need to fit clears, mask and paint the fuselage first. So a little work on that. But alas I am busy tomorrow, and go back to my regular shift on Monday, so likely won't be much done before I come back!

Wonder if anyone called this one "Rudolf"... The pictures certainly show a very shiny red nose, even if the fuselage was a bit "worn"

Kp2qWYd.jpg

Cheers

H.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well!! Progress!!

Managed to slap some paint on, and gloss and decals.

The Mustang from Revell has Cartograf decals, this ol' junker does not. Short of Tamiya Extra thin I haven't found ANYTHING that is available in Winnipeg to help snuggle these bastards down. Solvaset, nope, Microsol/Set, nope, Tamiya both tyoes, nope, Mr softer/setter? nope... Nothing helps, I guess I'll try some Tamiya X-20A when I get home again, but I'm almost afraid, as there are no spare decals. To all of you who did the cat decals, brave brave people!!

Anyway, it looks like a Lynx! Snazziest helo I know of or sure, i'd love to fly one once, but those days are gone. (Got to ride in one once, but not the same!)

SIPrTem.jpg

onSOsjN.jpg

I KNOW the emergency door activation markings are too low, but I was NOT going to try to get the decals to conform to the bumps... So I went rogue...

mXDk16p.jpg

Great progress and it looks very cool. The floor panels in the back is actually wood. Until the end of the contract in Mar 18 I was on the Lynx donor programme disassembling Lynx’s (9/9a+8s’) for common parts for the Wildcat and previous to that the Blade Bay Inspector, overhauling main & tail blades.

Steve.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, Stevepd said:

GThe floor panels in the back is actually wood.

Steve.

Yeah I figured, We use wood flooring in our utility machines where I work as well, but paint them grey, so I figured they were too. perhaps I was mistaken, but they will remain gray now... lol

Cheers!!

On 10/11/2019 at 8:28 PM, Winnie said:

Yeah I figured, We use wood flooring in our utility machines where I work as well, but paint them grey, so I figured they were too. perhaps I was mistaken, but they will remain gray now... lol

Cheers!!

You’re correct. The material is wood and painted grey, so you’re spot on.

• 2 weeks later...