1:24 Trumpeter Ju87 D5 fuselage length

Andrea Ferrari

14 minutes ago, Mark P said:

So....anyone compared the 32nd scale kits yet????

Andrea, BTW, and my opinion only (others welcome to disagree and some will), accuracy counts for lots. I can forgive a millimeter here or there, but the additional fuselage length depicted here is well outside my comfort zone. 

Mark Proulx

From what I have seen in the previous posts, the Hasegawa 1:32 D looks to be way too short on the nose, while the Trumpeter 1:32 D-5 is just the master copy from which the 1:24 kit was scaled-up, so it also should show the same deficiencies of its bigger brother. I'm not a rivet counter and I am quite forgiving, being well aware of my limits and limitations - but in this large scale (we are talking 1:24) and with such price tags these highly noticeable mistakes - this would be at the very minimum an excess of something like 72cm / 30 inches on the real thing! - are quite unforgivable. Taking for granted, of course, that that Trumpeter fuselage is indeed too long and we are not making a silly mistake somewhere (which I doubt).

Edited by Andrea Ferrari

15 minutes ago, Andrea Ferrari said:

Thank you Chek! However I have a Mac, and when I copy and paste the image URL in the "Insert other media" tab it won't be accepted - the window turns pink (of all things LOL) and that's it. Thank you however for having uploaded my image and glad you like it - hopefully others will find it useful :piliot:. If you guys think enough members would be interested, I'd be glad to do a short detailed write-up/review on the Trumpeter D-5 build with all the pros and cons and take a few pics of the finished model to be published somewhere here in the LSP website - just let me know!

In that case, I'll have to leave it up to one of our resident Mac users to help you out any further.

I will add though that sometimes I've noticed removing the 's' from 'https://' helps.

While I've entertained building a line up of A,B,D and G Ju-87s, I'm not invested enough to do them in a large scale. But I'd say myself and certainly most here would be pleased to see further work/comparisons by you as your models shown so far look excellent.

Just now, Chek said:

In that case, I'll have to leave it up to one of our resident Mac users to help you out any further.

I will add though that sometimes I've noticed removing the 's' from 'https://' helps.

While I've entertained building a line up of A,B,D and G Ju-87s, I'm not invested enough to do them in a large scale. But I'd say myself and certainly most here would be pleased to see further work/comparisons by you as your models shown so far look excellent.

Thanks, much appreciated :thumbsup: ! I'll be submitting a short feature (what about "A Tale of Two Stukas"?) soon to the moderators.

As an interesting aside - since I started voicing my concerns about the accuracy of the 1:24 Trumpeter Ju87 D-5 on this forum and on a few Facebook build pages (including the official Trumpeter & Hobby Boss one), I have been completely unable to gain access to Trumpeter's official website www.trumpeter-china.com/. Every time I give it a try I am told my browser is unable to connect to their server. Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

21 hours ago, Lee White said:

Any members near Everett, Washington with a tape measure?

https://flyingheritage.org/Explore/The-Collection/Germany/Junkers-Ju-87-R-4-Stuka.aspx

I reside in Everett, used to work next (Hangar) door to the place, but of the two times I visited, no such luck getting near any aircraft as they are not just cordoned off, they have barriers placed. BUT I do plan to go soon and MAYBE after shootin' the breeze with an attendant, could surely ask a favor...:shrug:

I will be sure to have my tape measure on me JIC.