1:24 Trumpeter Ju87 D5 fuselage length

Andrea Ferrari

2 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Just a last comment on the Stuka

Here is the problem with plans and published dimensions.

Squaron signal plans up scaled to 1/32 and 1/32 Hasegawa nose.

IMG-2985.jpg

The same nose superimposed on a side photo. Although the Monogram kit is perfect in length and matches the SS drawing, the Hasegawa kits seem proportionally better.

IMG-2984.jpg

Andrea I would try and find a good side on photo and correct the kit according to that.

Nick

Thanks Nick for the suggestion and those very interesting photo comparisons. I think you're right - and that's what I'm going to do B)

For those interested, I have added three images to my Google photo album - a topside pic of my 1:24 Trumpeter D-5 model, a topside pic of my 1:24 Airfix B-2model  and a composite of the two showing the mentioned discrepancy in fuselage length between the two kits.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zJ78qH5M6ErfwHpt9 

I wish I could upload images directly in my posts but the Forum is not accepting any of my free photo hosts urls.

Edited by Andrea Ferrari

3 hours ago, Andrea Ferrari said:

For those interested, I have added three images to my Google photo album - a topside pic of the Trumpeter D-5, a topside pic of the Airfix B-2 and a composite of the two showing the mentioned discrepancy in fuselage length.

I wish I could upload images directly in my posts but the Forum is not accepting any of my free photo hosts urls.

Great pic. It really shows the difference in the kits.

Edited by Rob Colvin

20 minutes ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Perhaps the kit makers thought the Stuka got a fuselage plug extension from the B to the D (like the FW-190D) without verifying...:DodgeBall:

LOL :D! But they're not supposed to think or make things up, they're supposed to copy the real thing which is sitting there :BANGHEAD2: ! 

This is as good a time as any to throw in that my initial reaction, when seeing your built example, was "The fuselage may be too long, but I kinda like it- it enhances the (relative) sleek look of the new & improved Stuka."  I like that overhead "half & half" photo, by the way.

bob

5 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

This is as good a time as any to throw in that my initial reaction, when seeing your built example, was "The fuselage may be too long, but I kinda like it- it enhances the (relative) sleek look of the new & improved Stuka."  I like that overhead "half & half" photo, by the way.

bob

Thank you Bob, much appreciated!

1 hour ago, gingerbob said:

bob

I agree...it may be wrong but it makes a better looking aircraft...well, "better looking" when talking about Stuka's is a relative term. more sleek?

1 hour ago, chrish said:

I agree...it may be wrong but it makes a better looking aircraft...well, "better looking" when talking about Stuka's is a relative term. more sleek?

Well, hum, I can't say I don't like the look of it - but shouldn't we expect accuracy in that scale and with that price tag? 

On 2/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, Andrea Ferrari said:

For those interested, I have added three images to my Google photo album - a topside pic of my 1:24 Trumpeter D-5 model, a topside pic of my 1:24 Airfix B-2model  and a composite of the two showing the mentioned discrepancy in fuselage length between the two kits.

Andrea, you just need to open the photo, then (in a Windows system) right click the image, copy 'image address' from the menu, then click the 'insert other media' button in the post's frame, then click 'insert image from URL' and paste your copied image address into the box that opens. Like so:

Nice looking models and great paintjob on your 'D', btw. Fascinating just how many points of agreement there are between the two models, until the Truimpy tail extension screws it up.

HQeH5Tlb6FWq2pZYNE-cXzIlAmRidTmHBuDrXvMT

Edited by Chek

31 minutes ago, Chek said:

Andrea, you just need to open the photo, then (in a Windows system) right click the image, copy 'image address' from the menu, then click the 'insert other media' button in the post's frame, then click 'insert image from URL' and paste your copied image address into the box that opens. Like so:

Nice looking models and great paintjob on your 'D', btw. Fascinating just how many points of agreement there are between the two models, until the Truimpy tail extension screws it up.

HQeH5Tlb6FWq2pZYNE-cXzIlAmRidTmHBuDrXvMT

Thank you Chek! However I have a Mac, and when I copy and paste the image URL in the "Insert other media" tab it won't be accepted - the window turns pink (of all things LOL) and that's it. Thank you however for having uploaded my image and glad you like it - hopefully others will find it useful :piliot:. If you guys think enough members would be interested, I'd be glad to do a short detailed write-up/review on the Trumpeter D-5 build with all the pros and cons and take a few pics of the finished model to be published somewhere here in the LSP website - just let me know!

Edited by Andrea Ferrari

So....anyone compared the 32nd scale kits yet????

Andrea, BTW, and my opinion only (others welcome to disagree and some will), accuracy counts for lots. I can forgive a millimeter here or there, but the additional fuselage length depicted here is well outside my comfort zone. 

Mark Proulx