Wolf Buddee

Calling on Tiger 1 experten!

I

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

I noted with interest that the cross section drawing of the 'scope and guard, shows the periscope actually touching the bottom of the guard, but I really don't believe that to be the case. The biggest problem I have with this somewhat unique problem, is that whenever the hatches are open, the guard and 'scope are in shadow. That's why I haven't been able to find any better photos (yet).

I would bet any money that the top of the periscope sit's jut below it's guard rather than touching the underside of the guard. I'll adjust the AFV periscopes to sit that way.

Again, thanks for the photo Kevin, as it's the best indicator I've seen yet as to how the periscope was positioned.

Cheers,

Wolf

39 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Dangit, Wolf! Every time you build something, you make me want to build it. Doesn't help that I love the Tiger I.

Thanks Tim, LOL!

I wouldn't even have this kit if I hadn't spotted it in a vendors room for $25,00 taxes in! I can tell you that I've exceeded that figure by a long shot in aftermarket parts but don't feel too bad as I was in a hobby shop a week ago and the kit was on the shelf selling for $71.00 retail! I started it as I hadn't touched anything in over 4 months and I needed a "mojo" kick start. 

I'm expecting to see a Tiger 1 WIP from you now too. :P

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank-you eoyguy and Bill.

Lots of great information gentlemen and it's much appreciated! And a wonderful Happy Birthday to you Bill!

Cheers,

Wolf