F-86E(M) 1:18 conversion

Menelaos

Good Day folks

the project above was started long ago (today I'm currently doing almost nothing due to missing time) and wanted to share some pics with you.

The idea behind this,  is to convert the century F-86F 1:18 into a proper F-86E(M) that was flown by the HAF in the 50es and 60es..

These Mk 2 Sabres were build from Canadair and were upgarded with the 6-3 hard wing but retained the V-shaped wind screen and equiped 3 Sqs (341, 342 and 343) plus the aerobatic team "Hellenic Flame"

Canadair-CL-13.jpg

The ...toy is also available from adrmiral toys as a F-86E that has some better parts as the century toy  but the century toy is far better.

DSCN2210.jpg

DSCN8667b.jpg

the admiral toys has a better cockpit and better main landing gear but is not acurate at the air intake region. The century toy has otherwise many more goodies such an air intake AB tube, accurate airbrakes, gun bays very nice sliding canopy

So first work was to take everything apart

DSCN8667.jpg

Edited by Menelaos

I used the cockipt of the admural toys ...toy... with far more details as the century toy cockpit and made the front instrument panel from scratch

I copied first the instruments of the ereal cockpit and made the front panel from sheet styrene

Century toy:

DSCN2298.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

20190117-193144.jpg

20190117-193224.jpg

20190119-160338.jpg

20190119-160346.jpg

Edited by Menelaos