Hornet is flying into the sunset...

Eagle Driver

6 hours ago, MikeC said:

Well they're still flying afaik in Canada, Australia, Kuwait, Spain, Switzerland and Finland.

I said: NAVY

as in US.

4 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

They are only retiring their last operational C models. Not the E/F

https://theaviationist.com/2019/01/29/u-s-navys-last-operational-f-a-18c-hornet-to-be-retired-on-feb-1-2019/

I said: rest will be Super? As in Super Hornet.

1 hour ago, Eagle Driver said:

as in US.

Really?

No need to be so sharp, I am sure not well liked or received here and certainly not friendly.

"I am saying" no need for sayin....  "I said" in a condescending, manner Please be nice and be polite here.

You were not clear at all on your original post yet your response to the only two who responded is pretty snotty.

50 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

Really?

No need to be so sharp, I am sure not well liked or received here and certainly not friendly.

"I am saying" no need for sayin....  "I said" in a condescending, manner Please be nice and be polite here.

You were not clear at all on your original post yet your response to the only two who responded is pretty snotty.

Calm down Ron.

No need to start a fire here. 

I never called anybody sharp or impolite either. You did.
I just said: I said. That's it, no big deal.

Have you heard any intonation or something? No, you haven't. So please don't transfer your momentary feelings on the thread here. I wasn't impolite. I was pretty clear. In my mind I might've been bored too. But you don't know that either.

Actually I have seen this more than once and not only here. I myself did it too: sometimes you are not too into something and you miss something written.

I have written everything I wanted to say and then clarified it.
Do I need to be sharp? You bet I want to be sharp in any way in any minute in my life because I like it that way.

Can we please get back to Hornets now? US NAVY that is, and not Super Hornets either.

1 hour ago, Eagle Driver said:

as in US.

You did not make clear that you were referring only to the US.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ron said:

Really?

Thanks Ron, well said.

Thanx Anthony!

Hey, judging by the number of Ron's posts I assume some admin role maybe?

Ron, if this is the case, please delete the rest and I will fix the initial thread so to be more clear it is about US NAVY Hornets. Could you do that?
I doubt that any tension what so ever would be helpful to anybody.

Still hard to believe that NAVY will retire the Hornet. We are getting old people! And fast...

Some of those legacy Hornets are getting old - it is about time they retire them! The US Navy legacy Hornets are even more fatigued from actual carrier deployments in comparrison to the other countries like Canada, Australia, Swizerland etc. who operate them from land based airfields.... big difference in operations and airframe “wear and tear”... 

Cheers

Alan

1 hour ago, Kirk Taylor said:

Not a precedent with the Blue Angels.  They flew the F11F Tiger for years after the Navy quit using them in squadron service.  Probably the same with the F9F-8 Cougar.

Shame.

They should be the first to get the newest toys if you ask me.

9 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Some of those legacy Hornets are getting old -

ALL of the legacy Hornets are old. The line shut down 20 years ago or so.  Only Supers built since then (and that line likely isn't gonna be going much longer either, unless they drum up some more FMS sales).