The way we look at models ?

Erwin

Hi all,

When we post pictures of our finished model,most of us show it from a bird eye view.(like the 110).

We comment on the paint work as a whole.

But when we look at a real plane we can't see it like that.We only see one side.Can hardly see the upper wing and fuselage top.

So shouldn't we only take pictures from a man height view instead ? (like the Adler).

That would be a more realistic approach .

It's not a big deal ofcourse.Just something I've been wandering about.

49896040_1854452464680751_56998852649864

49774156_1860212644104733_49223893470989

Edited by Erwin

9 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

I actually do that almost every time, as well as some detail shots. Take a look at the links in my signature and let me know what you think.

Good examples.Well done.

But still most of them are from a (light)height.

I mean  pictures as if you were standing next to a real plane.Like we do at air shows.

The Adler picture was taken with the camera on the table to get the  "man height"  result.

Edited by Erwin

Here's a link to my Emil that I did last year, with updated links. I tired to take some low angle shots on that one, too. What do you think, Erwin? This is something I totally agree with you on, and I'm trying to improve my photo skills, so I'm looking for honest criticism.

Edited by BiggTim

2 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

While "eyeball level" shots are OK, I think the majority of folks want to see the whole picture of what has been done, which includes topside and bottom, as well as various perspectives, whatever it takes to make the model look good in photos, regardless of viewpoint.

Agreed. I LOVE those realistic looking shots as if the pic was taken from a 1/32nd humans eyeball perspective........However,  if overall shots like K2 mentions are not there, I definitely feel like Im missing something, specifically the overall "big" picture of the model. After those overall shots are taken I do like to have other "ground level" looking shots and detail shots, but the overall whole picture of the model is really necessary to convey what was done.