Jump to content
Padubon

Guess what? Another Lanc

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice! I like how its progressing a lot. Personally I think the HKM wing locking system is brilliant

 

Thank you.

I hope to get a light but good weathering on the overall paint work, especially the black paint. For what I have seen in reference material, the Lancs were stationed on prepared airfields. 

Don’t get me wrong, the locating system is brilliant. Is the seam between the wing root and the wing what I am not very fond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Padubon said:

Don’t get me wrong, the locating system is brilliant. Is the seam between the wing root and the wing what I am not very fond.

 

 

Strange.......I had the same locking system on my B-25, and ended up with 0 gaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work on this monster of a kit. 

 

I do agree with Brian, The engineering that HK have put into the wing joint is great.

 

Having built this kit, I found that the wing fitting did indeed produce no gaps particularly when the model is resting on its undercarriage. A little sanding and dry fitting was required but it went together well. 

 

Keep up the great work. Its all worth it. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Great work on this monster of a kit. 

 

I do agree with Brian, The engineering that HK have put into the wing joint is great.

 

Having built this kit, I found that the wing fitting did indeed produce no gaps particularly when the model is resting on its undercarriage. A little sanding and dry fitting was required but it went together well. 

 

Keep up the great work. Its all worth it. 

 

 

 

 

That is good to know. I have not build the landing gear yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Agreed

the no walk lines look quite thick too - are they decals?

Yes. I am so tired of this model that I am going to live it like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it! I dont think they look too bad at all, especially after a flat coat. 

 

11 hours ago, Padubon said:

 I am so tired of this model that I am going to live it like that.

 

 

Shame, but I can understand, as it is physically a LOT of model to deal with at one time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I like it! I dont think they look too bad at all, especially after a flat coat. 

 

 

 

Shame, but I can understand, as it is physically a LOT of model to deal with at one time. 

 

I hope you are right. This is my first and I am absolutely, positively, certainly sure that I will never build something of this size again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...