“Finished” Guess what? Another Lanc

Padubon

40 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice! I like how its progressing a lot. Personally I think the HKM wing locking system is brilliant

Thank you.

I hope to get a light but good weathering on the overall paint work, especially the black paint. For what I have seen in reference material, the Lancs were stationed on prepared airfields. 

Don’t get me wrong, the locating system is brilliant. Is the seam between the wing root and the wing what I am not very fond.

Great work on this monster of a kit. 

I do agree with Brian, The engineering that HK have put into the wing joint is great.

Having built this kit, I found that the wing fitting did indeed produce no gaps particularly when the model is resting on its undercarriage. A little sanding and dry fitting was required but it went together well. 

Keep up the great work. Its all worth it. 

4 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Great work on this monster of a kit. 

I do agree with Brian, The engineering that HK have put into the wing joint is great.

Having built this kit, I found that the wing fitting did indeed produce no gaps particularly when the model is resting on its undercarriage. A little sanding and dry fitting was required but it went together well. 

Keep up the great work. Its all worth it. 

That is good to know. I have not build the landing gear yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like it! I dont think they look too bad at all, especially after a flat coat. 

11 hours ago, Padubon said:

I am so tired of this model that I am going to live it like that.

Shame, but I can understand, as it is physically a LOT of model to deal with at one time. 

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I like it! I dont think they look too bad at all, especially after a flat coat. 

Shame, but I can understand, as it is physically a LOT of model to deal with at one time. 

I hope you are right. This is my first and I am absolutely, positively, certainly sure that I will never build something of this size again.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Here some more pics of the progress so far.

I wanted a Tallboy Lanc, for that reason I did some modifications to the bomb bay doors.

I could not have been able to do this kit without the help of fellow LSP member “Scratch Builder” and his fantastic 3D Tallboy bomb. He is the man!

I will use the paddle blades and dorsal turret, to replicate the attack on a huge bunker in France. This happened late in the war and by then, the big bomb Lancs should have been upgraded with better engines and paddle props.

Enjoy.

zkDEJSz.jpg

22ecGts.jpg

fUw5inM.jpg

xRMY3eq.jpg

QannV8N.jpg

CVzftFj.jpg

Wr0iYPU.jpg

jCZbk3c.jpg

S80ZBtz.jpg

Ao52EFF.jpg

U787dTC.jpg