Italeri TF-104

MikeC

56 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Ahhhh Italian.... we ahhhh, forget to put another.... ahhh, but a beautiful kit ahhh....

Cheers

Alan

It is, but still a lot of work...The panelling is Matchbox reminiscent. Luckily someone showed the way recently on the F-8 Da Nang build here! Also, the cockpits are Fantasy Island when looking at the real thing. But that can all be fixed and I am building it now. Great kit.

15 hours ago, Fanes said:

I'm not sure, but maybe instrmuent decals from airscale might be an alternative to the eduard PE?
Maybe a little bir more to fiddle but for sure cheaper.

Yes, that's what I'm going with.

15 minutes ago, otis252 said:

While that PE looks great, did I read that Aires was going to do a 2 seat cockpit? Thanks.

Chuck

I hope so!  While I know the fit can be contentious sometimes, the detail Aires provides is usually 2nd to none.

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

From the seond picture did they actually make a pe part to widen the tires ? 

If you look at the wheel there seams to be cooper line in the midle

Are the OOB tires way too skinny then?   No one like Aires or AMS or the like make suitable F-104 wheels???   Hard to believe 

There isn’t a spacer for the wheels that I can see in any of the instructions, so I don’t know what that is showing in the photo.  The wide kit wheels are OK for the G/S versions that used the bulged gear door, but if you need the thin wheels for the G/J/CF, the kit thin wheel option only comes with the dished A-D wheels.  Same for the aftermarket Eduard Brassin resin wheels.  Their late wheels are the spoked wide wheels, while the early wheels are the thin wheels with the dished hub.  Neither the kit nor Eduard make the thin wheels with the spoked hub.  I think if you buy both Eduard wheel sets, you can mix and match wheels and tires to get the thin wheels with the spoked hub.

Edited by Dave Williams

12 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

There isn’t a spacer for the wheels that I can see in any of the instructions, so I don’t know what that is showing in the photo.  The wide kit wheels are OK for the G/S versions that used the bulged gear door, but if you need the thin wheels for the G/J/CF, the kit thin wheel option only comes with the dished A-D wheels.  Same for the aftermarket Eduard Brassin resin wheels.  Their late wheels are the spoked wide wheels, while the early wheels are the thin wheels with the dished hub.  Neither the kit nor Eduard make the thin wheels with the spoked hub.  I think if you buy both Eduard wheel sets, you can mix and match wheels and tires to get the thin wheels with the spoked hub.

Thanks Dave. After some consideration Im thinking I may end up displaying my TF in an in-flight situation anyway.