Decals for Werner "Vati" Molders Bf109F-2 available?

Juggernut

I'm looking at eventually doing the 109F-2 I have in Molders markings.  I have not yet been successful in finding a decal sheet that has his F-2.  If anyone knows of any, please share :).  I haven't considered masks but I already have the squadron markings and the chevrons....  What I'm primarily looking for is the kill markings on the rudder.  I don't have a lot on his aircraft.  If anyone knows of any detail shots of his aircraft again, please share.

35 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Anybody know a good method to replicate those little bell-shaped fittings/insulators/whatever on that '109's antenna wire?

If you have some thin styrene sheet, you can use a candle to employ the "heat and smash" method and heat up the sheet and smash mold it over the pointy mold of your choice (I used a wooden dowel shaped to my liking) and cut off the excess to make the final bell shape. It usually takes a few tries.

3 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

If you have some thin styrene sheet, you can use a candle to employ the "heat and smash" method and heat up the sheet and smash mold it over the pointy mold of your choice (I used a wooden dowel shaped to my liking) and cut off the excess to make the final bell shape. It usually takes a few tries.

/facepalm.

Of course. Perfect.  Thanks, O2g.

9 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Yep.  Some paper thin styrene sheet (a sailing ship “billowing sails” is a great source), some mild heat, and a dulled pencil.  Heat the styrene until it’s droopy, then just smash form with the tip of the dull pencil.  It takes some practice, but you can get very convincing cones that way.  Note that the real thing had a blunt end.  It wasn’t a perfect pointed cone.  Hence the dulled pencil.

Good stuff.  Thanks, Jennings.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, RBrown said:

Here is W. Nr. 5628 formerly SG+GW.   Note the Bf 109 E type fairing at the wing root...

Which made it an F-1

It 'appears' from unclear photos that the kill marks were (like some other pilots)

a vertical bar with a roundel at the top with likely the a/c type in very small print.

Then there's this which I have no idea of it's provinance ...

JoSsJz3.jpg

Big help !!  ?