Takom Jagdpanther G1

JeffH

Just received this. I may or mat not turn this into a build thread but at the moment I'm having enough difficulty getting to the bench to work on my P-38. 

I did take a quick look in the box and it looks about the same sort of thing as the other 2 in my pile (Panther, King Tiger)  but this one at least has shells and racks as separate pieces. I'm going to 

have to stock up on the Tamiya Red Oxide primer 

DSC_0327.jpg

Yeah, it's my favorite Axis tank, always loved the wedge shape and the Panther wheels (2nd favorite Axis AFV). I have zero refs so will have to use the box and pics in the 

instructions for color refs. I'm not sure there's anything definitive anyway. If you go looking for King Tiger interior pictures there are plenty. But most of the color shots are restorations

and they all look different.  

3 hours ago, JeffH said:

I have zero refs so will have to use the box and pics in the instructions for color refs.

That's a shame. If you were closer you could perhaps borrow some of mine, as I've got a ton of stuff on the Jagdpanther.

1 hour ago, JeffH said:

I agree Wolf, with the amount of metal with just primer it looks like they were trying to just crank them out. It's going to be hard to make detail pop in such a monochromatic palate.

While I suppose it's a possibility that some went to the field with the interiors un-painted, I suspect the majority were.

The number of German tanks with primer red interior were small, they tried it late in the war and although in a hurry to build, etc, they found the Red primer interior was a bad idea and quit doing that quickly.  So you probably can forgo the primer red all over if you wish.  Lower portion might have remained red then interior white for the fighting compartment something along those lines.  There is good research out there on what the options are.  

Some German tanks are great for doing an interior and I think this is one of them. 

6 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I did a double-take when I saw that, but have the Bandai 1/24th kit, so passed. I will look in on your build though.

I have the Academy(Tamiya) 1:25 kit. A side-by-side comparison of the two would be great to see some day.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, JeffH said:

Yeah, it's my favorite Axis tank, always loved the wedge shape and the Panther wheels (2nd favorite Axis AFV). I have zero refs so will have to use the box and pics in the 

instructions for color refs. I'm not sure there's anything definitive anyway. If you go looking for King Tiger interior pictures there are plenty. But most of the color shots are restorations

and they all look different.  

Hi Jeff,

Here's a good article to lay some of the foundation for interior coloring for you.

The interior definitely wasn't simply all red oxide primer; it's German!  It's (needlessly) way more complicated than that!  

:lol:

http://byrden.com/panzers/Colours/index.html