HK Lancaster no. 3 to the GB

LSP_Ron

Well I see what people are saying about the pilots seat.  It's certainly not correct but I am using it anyway.  This is such big project that I fear it would bog down to never being completed if I start scratching things like seats, flaps, bomb bay etc. 

I'm going out of box other that Airscales inst panel (ordered from Peter today) and maybe decals.

I was going to go with the Kit's world Phantom decals but as pointed out in Mgunns thread,  the letters are way way way to red. Like Day glow orange almost.  Completely not usable.  Too bad actually.

So far I am very happy with this kit.  There are a few things that are off like the pilot's seat, the inst panel and radio operators seat against the wing spar box looks like it was made from Lego.  I rounded off the corners of the back pad but you won't really see it anyway.  Everything else looks really good so far

dAhs5Mn.jpg

WSE9UPo.jpg

You are making some good progress there.  I got bogged down with other stuff.  Making some progress tonight.  I will be following you as you go through build.  It is too bad about the Pantom of the Ruhr.  It's a neat scheme, it flew over 100 missions and survived the war.  As noted the letters are way too red.  Kitsworld has some neat ideas, but their Q.C. is horrible as the letters in one sheet may be correct whilst in another, they are way off.  Too bad, they offer some nict schemes.

Edited by mgunns
Added a comment

This is looking very nice, I like the not getting bogged down philosophy, but each to their own whatever you enjoy doing, as to the Code letters with the size of this kit paint masks would be a viable option.

Cheers

Dennis

On 1/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, LSP_Ron said:

So far I am very happy with this kit.  There are a few things that are off like the pilot's seat, the inst panel and radio operators seat against the wing spar box looks like it was made from Lego.  I rounded off the corners of the back pad but you won't really see it anyway.  Everything else looks really good so far

dAhs5Mn.jpg

WSE9UPo.jpg

I found that the pilot's seat is wrong and that the back angle of it looks like a lazy boy  recliner. I heard  that the bomber runs were rather intense so this would need to sit up more. In all not a bad kit to build as I am ready to close up the fuselage  on mine.

• 4 months later...