HpH Models HPH32043L: 1/32 C-47 Skytrain

LSP_Kevin

Nice review, though as the reviewer was in denial I had to visit HpH to get the actual price: yikes! €825 with the flap set. Didn't even look at insured postage or whether HpH still include a Belgian chocolate.

This is strictly a rich boy's toy; for those who live in a converted barn and won't blink much when buying both WnW Lancasters.

But very nice to see it and drool a bit.

Tony 

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it was actually too expensive for me as well.  If I had known the total it was going to cost me with shipping, customs duty's and taxes I would have not purchased it.  However, I am thrilled to have one, don't get me wrong.....

Now watch... an IM kit will come out from someone for $150, just to make me feel sick all over again LOL

Oh and Tony......No chocolate, :(.  I should have gotten a whole box really Hahaha

I hate doing reviews and putting my thoughts out there, so I approached with a slightly negative approach :whistle: so I could be as honest as I could

Jan, as far as the nose goes, the more I look at it now the more I really see they captured that characteristic 'douglas shape' quite nicely (in my opinion)

Cheers and thanks for your comments

Anthony

One more thing I just noticed is that the kit has De-icer boots molded on the leading edges of wings, fin etc.  Whilst this is correct for the bird depicted in the kit, many C-47's had them removed, so as always check the machine you are making.  Should be easy enough to remove though

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Should have told me you wanted one Anthony! I would have picked it up in Telford for you. I got one too... No Shipping and Customs Fees :)

Ugh.....I should have realized!  I'll send you my bank details for my next Mortgage payment then LOL.  What scheme are you planning Dave?

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Very nice looking kit, and a nice review too. Thanks for taking the time.

Pleasure Kev

38 minutes ago, nichenson said:

I put a down payment on one from my "dealer" here.  I was reluctant at first due to the issue on the F7F, but after seeing this, I am quite relieved.  I know I won't get to it this year, but next year maybe.  Definitely needs a nice star of David on the side.

You wont regret getting the kit...for too long, LOL no just kidding.  You will love it

Cheers

Anthony