My Day Job

jimbo

On 1/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, MikeMaben said:

So what's your stash like Jim ?  Airplanes ? Cars, etc, etc, ? All of the above ?

Plenty of LSPs, but also HO trains, On30 trains, and G trolleys for the cabin. And most of the Bandai 1/72 Star Wars Kits, they’re so cool. Of course I have some pretty grandiose plans to do some very large historical architecture builds. The grand old wood hotels of the Catskills in particular. 

Jimbo

I don't think its big enough.  :rofl:

Beautiful work and congrats on making a living out of what for the vast majority of us is 'just' a hobby.  Do you find the detail work in your 'pleasure' builds a relief from your commercial work or just more of the same?  Thanks for sharing - very cool!

Chris

Thanks Gerhard! Thanks Chris! Good question Chris; the beauty of doing builds for myself is there are no constraints. I actually tend more towards OOB, to de-stress and unwind. But the commercial work, especially model railway stuff, it’s like Hollywood special effects, I only tend to do what is necessary and will be seen. No sense detailing the side of a building that’s up against a backdrop. All that said, it can be hard to not go the extra mile. One of my biggest flaws professionally, not knowing when to say when lol...

Jimbo

Wow....  I have to ask and you certainly don't have to share if you feel it's inappropriate but how much would that layout go for (even just a ballpark)?   

Fantastic work, hope your client gets many years of enjoyment out of it. 

Edited by John1