1/32 F-16D Wolfpack Aggressor

Marcel111

• 2 weeks later...

The F110 is in!

HL24CN.jpg

Looks like this aircraft did some strafing practice before it got transferred out of Korea (ref. pic above), so I had to add some soot around the muzzle too:

uvGfy7.jpg

Here is the completed CUBIC pod:

9roBZD.jpg

And this one is done too... I actually redid this one entirely:

YUl04M.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

• 1 month later...

I crushed through this build in order to be able to enter it into a modelling competition last weekend  (oddly enough the D scored 2nd place ahead of my F-16C Alaska Splinter Scheme, the latter of which I consider to be a far better model). I won't be rushing a model to completion again since there are a few rough odds and ends here and there but on the other hand I am very glad to have her done, motivation after my third F-16 in a row was running very low and I am now charged up to get back at the Tomcat.

3HbKyP.jpg

More pics over on ready for inspection...

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

Thought I'd share this little very obvious trick I used when painting the wheels for this build. Choose an appropriately sized pen cap (if your home is anything like ours you'll have a never ending supply of pens available). And use as a mask accordingly:

32H5S1.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

12 hours ago, spyrosjzmichos said:

Awesome work Marcel!

Love the American flag on the coaming.

Can I ask how you made that?

Glad you like that!

I downloaded old glory and pasted it into PowerPoint. I created a mirror image of the flag and placed it right next to the correct one, then printed that out (after playing around with size a little). I then cut out the combined image and folded over such that the flag is printed on both sides (glued  with superglue). I then glued that assembly onto a smaller lead foil piece to enable me to contour it as needed.

Cheers,

Marcel

14 hours ago, Marcel111 said:

Glad you like that!

I downloaded old glory and pasted it into PowerPoint. I created a mirror image of the flag and placed it right next to the correct one, then printed that out (after playing around with size a little). I then cut out the combined image and folded over such that the flag is printed on both sides (glued  with superglue). I then glued that assembly onto a smaller lead foil piece to enable me to contour it as needed.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks Marcel!

I gotta try this on one of future builds!