1/32 F-16D Wolfpack Aggressor

Marcel111

8 hours of modeling outside in great weather? That's the stuff we dream about!  I can't wait to see this one done, especially in this scheme.  How do the Model Master static dischargers look?  I was going to make them for my A version but it would be easier to use aftermarket if they look good.

Glad to see you are back at it...

Bryan

• 1 month later...

Very long time no update, so here goes. Camo is on, gloss coat is on, washed and slightly weathered. I tried to replicate the look of the Kusan D above, which is surprisingly weathered given that it was only operating in this scheme for a short amount of time before transfer. Note wear and dirt around the left wing root and muzzle area, and compare to pics above.

The weathering is almost a little too much right now, but I'll see what it looks like after decaling and a flat coat. I find that the flat coat always mutes the weathered look so I'll take stock of the overall look then.

ALyTJD.jpg

Here is where I am with the CUBIC ACMI pod and the AMA pod, both scratchbuilt. Note that the AMA pod doesn't have the faceted wings of a live AIM-9 and the leading and trailing edges are relatively thick. That makes scratchbuilding these pretty easily, and no need to sacrifice a nice resin AIM-9.

ZtWOcO.jpg

6Mj0yi.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

2 hours ago, Daniel Leduc said:

Very inspyring built Marcel, I tend to wanna start the other one, the black one.....:hmmm:

If you can't source your non bulged main door, PM me, have some...

dan.

Thx Dan... I am working off of the AFV Club F-16B kit, so I have the non bulged main doors.

Cheers,

Marcel

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for the encouragement... much needed as I am struggling with motivation to complete this 3rd in a row F-16.

Here's an update of where I am. Flat coat is on and I tried to replicate the surprisingly weathered look seen in the pics above. I may have overdone it a little but no turning back now.

CE02Oe.jpg

bOnslu.jpg

T3Px1y.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111