Mustang hybrid.......

Jack

I'm contemplating an experiment:

How about the possibility joining the aft end of the old P51B revell (from including the aft windows backwards) to the trumpeter version, and then ofcourse scratching the main gear bay (shouldn't be such a problem IMHO) to have a reasonable presentation of the "B" version ......before a certain "high tech" producer releases its version????

5 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I have no idea how you build, but I'd be asking myself how realistically long it would take me to try to do that and bring it to completion vs. how long it will be before ZM's kit comes out.  Unless you're just a glutton for punishment :)

yeah well you might be right on all points, and maybe it's a glutton for punishment, but i did have a try on merging a Monogram P51D nose to a Revell B kit, just to give it a try, and ofcourse ZM "might" be the ultimate Bravo version, but i just like to experiment, especially on the Mustang, since it is my ULTIMATE favorite propellor aircraft.....just fun!!

17 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

The front fuse of the Trump kit is no better than the back so there really wouldn't be much point in doing that.  There have been a few out there that did this using the Hase D's nose though

Ok, that might be an option ( mating the Hase nos ) , but just as an option it would be a possibility, might it not??

2 hours ago, Lee White said:

Yes, Paul Budzik's build did just that, with excellent results!

http://paulbudzik.com/models/p51.pdf

Or better still, how about mating the nose of the recent revell Mustang.  That might work out evan better.  I've been chewing that one around for awhile, but just don't have the gumption.   That would truly be a world of hurt.

That trumpeter nose is an abortion.

20 hours ago, Astro32 said:

Graft the upper fuselage of the -B to Revell's new -D along with the -B's wings, canopy, and vertical fin. I've got both kits and that's how I'll do it. Best solution IMO for a -B if you don't want to wait for the ZM release. And a nice challenge.

Astro, that is even a much better option than mine, i assume you're talking about the "old" Revell B top fuselage (since the aft cockpit parts are much better than the trump version) and then ofcourse the new D moulding, but how was that joining the B wing onto a D fuselage?

On 1/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, Jack said:

Astro, that is even a much better option than mine, i assume you're talking about the "old" Revell B top fuselage (since the aft cockpit parts are much better than the trump version) and then ofcourse the new D moulding, but how was that joining the B wing onto a D fuselage?

You're correct. You'll need to shorten and modify the new kit's wing root fairing to match the -B wing.