1/32 MH-53E Sea Dragon - 3D printed / scratchbuilt

Starfighter

I forsee another purchase with reedoak coming up lol

lovely idea mate and definitely adds a ton on interest that's for sure...

so going by your earlier responses I assume you are putting the aft ramp down and cabin doors open????

keep m coming I'm really enjoying this one

Cheers
Fred

3 hours ago, Starfighter said:

There will be Reedoak figures for sure! :) Indeed, ramp down, mine sweeping gear fitted, cabin doors and rear side windows open. Let's see where this leads...

I know where that leads mate to awesomeness street....

Cheer my friend and happy building

Frederick Jacobs

Let's hope it won't lead to "this will only be finished in ten years" road.. we'll see. 

I have 3D printed a scribing template for the forward avionic bay hatches which also serves as positioning template for the tie down eye recesses. 

img_9164ycjsa.jpeg

Panel scribed and tie down eye recess in place. 

img_9178cwkok.jpeg

After this, it was time to enjoy a Jupiler from the tap and to get some inspiration from the very old Landing Zone Publications book and to think about whether or not to open the avionic bays. Seems that I am getting old - I bought this book back in 2003 when I was 18 years old... 

img_9179h5kwo.jpeg

Thanks Misha! My garden is a nice place indeed - I love the view. 

I have scribed the first groove lines on the gearbox housing and could not help myself but to cut the gearbox oil cooler compartment open. Not sure this is a good idea, but there is no way back now. Let's see...

5bf07a45-8203-4194-abq8jp8.jpg

img_92053xk9r.jpeg

img_9206hyj6c.jpeg

On 5/29/2019 at 11:43 PM, Timmy! said:

47961429207_08c6a7bba6_b.jpg

Ta Da!!

I have to get back to the EAPS... I have made a quick CAD drawing, but I need a reference dimension - the overall length for example. I have scaled the drawing using the rear diameter of the EAPS - where it meets the engine nacelle - as a reference. The resulting part looks too short which could also mean that my engine nacelles are too small... Do you have any reference dimensions you could share, Timmy? 

Good news bad news....

I don't have dimensions of the EAPS.  But a few dimensions of the engine nacelle might help.  Keep in mind these are not construction drawings so they shouldn't be taken as true shapes.  Stretch, squash etc. to fit.  You can trust the dimensions provided.

Timmy!

48138350451_3c891f5bbf_b.jpg

• 3 months later...