1/32 MH-53E Sea Dragon - 3D printed / scratchbuilt

Starfighter

No progress at the moment. Last Friday, I have visited my friend Kai in Frankfurt to pick up a cabinet he got for me - finally a proper one to display my models! The arrival of the cabinet has led to a complete re-arrangement of my hobby room which resulted in a huge mess - and I mean even more mess than before ... It will take a few more days until the hobby room will be operational again. Here's a photo of the new cabinet and its predecessor on the right which now serves as storage space for a part of my stock. The reflection of yours truly could not be avoided, sorry for that...

img_8975q6j4r.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tim aka Wunwinglow was so kind to print the sponsons on his Form2 for me - thank you very much, Tim!  I have spent the last evening preparing the first sponson - the nonskid on the walkways was applied using Tamiya putty, rivets lost during sanding were replaced with Archer ones. The walkways are very rough on MH-53Es, hence the use of Tamiya Putty instead of Mr Surfacer. The center fuselage windows were closed and puttied as well.

img_91254ej35.jpg

img_9126askp5.jpg

img_9128ujk0m.jpg

img_9127htkhw.jpeg

As already mentioned, I will split the fuselage again to work on the interior! ;) I would have preferred to keep the fuselage closed and to insert it from behind once finished, but I have to work on the inside walls of the fuselage and this would be virtually impossible with the fuselage closed.   

Thank you all for your kind comments - it's a huge beast indeed! During the weekend, I have managed to draw and print some footsteps on my Photon. The small ones are located on the fuselage, the big block with the wider ones is located on the RH side of the rotor housing. 

img_9150dujzu.jpg

Big holes in big models require big tools! 

img_91510akl1.jpg

Footsteps installed and puttied. They will hopefully be perfectly flush with the surface after sanding. 

img_9152cqjiy.jpg

Edited by Starfighter