1/32 MH-53E Sea Dragon - 3D printed / scratchbuilt

Starfighter

Id agree Ben, another masterpiece in the making. This kind of thing is really where the hobby is heading IMHO.  Great stuff indeed, and I'm of the opinion that not unlike flat screen TVs and the like (when first out, it was over $11,000 for a 42" plasma TV)I think with progression of the technology, the cost will come down, and some day we will see this technology integrated to the overall hobby.

Just look at the likes of ModelMonkey, Reedoak and yourself, as well as others on the board, and you can clearly see its the future for getting things accurate and detailed. 

Thank you all for your kind comments! :) 

Peter, compared with what you are doing, I am just playing around... but it's still fun! 

I am currently still working on the fuselage surface but I also looked for reference photos and took the final decision to go for a MH-53E instead of the CH-53E. The CH might be better documented, but the MH looks even more special and the mine sweeping equipment offers some very interesting options. I will probably go for a HM-14 'Vanguards' aircraft.

hm-14-vanguard-137a0qjs4.jpg

I have started the CAD drawings for the bigger sponsons and I will also have to modify the IP, but that should not be a big issue. This is of course just the rough shape of the sponsons, details will be added later. 

56369834_223727194962lzkmi.png

More CAD work. There are still more detail to add but I hope to finish it within this week. Resin for my printer should arrive today as well, so I hope to hold the sponsons in my hands within the next two weeks. I will have to split them in order to print them on my Photon - these things are huge! 

img_8225acgjqg.jpg

Oh my, seeing this level, expertize and downright guts in making such a beast would almost have me crawl back in a very very dark corner  and totally forget about modelling for good......

awesome Ben, just awesome.

J.