British Airways Retro 747 Scheme

John1

18 minutes ago, karimb said:

Saw that one while operating out of EGLL the night before yesterday. Really beautiful scheme. I wish more of the liveries today had more “class” like that one!

Karim

Nice!   I 100% agree about how classy that scheme looks. Realy elegant looking. 

41 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

And BA just announced a major order for the 777-9, to replace its 747 fleet.  That's a HUGE win for Boeing, since Airbus has nothing to compete with the 777X family.

Airbus is making noise about another stretch of the A350 to compete at the upper end of the market but BA also has said that if they felt the demand was there, the could stretch the 777X further as well.   I think BA has this segment firmly locked up.   

The real interesting contest (at least to a nerd like me) is the “middle of the market” 757 replacement.   Major engineering and business challenges facing BA but some major customers (Delta being one) are extremely enthusiastic about this plane.  If BA doesn’t develop this plane, it’s leaving this entire market to the A321 since the 737max simply can’t compete.   

8 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

And BA just announced a major order for the 777-9, to replace its 747 fleet.  That's a HUGE win for Boeing, since Airbus has nothing to compete with the 777X family.

Not really.

Apart from the 12 A380's used for high density long haul, British Airways has been exclusively a Boeing operator on it's mid and long haul fleets since the 1980's.

But they will be taking delivery this year of the first 4 of 18 A350-1000 aircraft they have on order so the future isn't exclusively Boeing.

:)

Edited by PhilB

On the subject of airline liveries, looks like United will be coming up with a new scheme for it's jets.   Personally, my expectations are set pretty low on this one.

https://simpleflying.com/united-airlines-new-livery/

RE:  The BEA scheme, I wasn't digging it from the pictures but seeing that video above, I love it!   Nice to see British Airways invest the time and $ for these retro schemes.