Jazzed up Hasegawa Me262's

bcauchi

Here is my double build of two old hasegawa Me262's brought up to Trumpeter standard. Both were displayed in small dioramas. One of them was built with one engine missing and a new engine about to be installed. poPiq3BfjpoQUaVLLjpnNvCRuEjpoKB0ShTjpnoIfCTAjpmpA0CF6jpmhJ40Asj

work starts on the fuselage halves which are glued together and surface detail which is either raised or missing is put in. Also fairings for the wings are built up from plastic card and filler at this point.  Next up will be the internal detail on the inner fuselage side walls.

I did one of the Hasegawa Me 262s about 15 years ago, inspired by one of your earlier builds. Effectively had to scratchbuild the entire model apart from the basic fuselage shell and wings (with moveable surfaces removed). Took me three years with no aftermarket goodies involved at all. Really looking forward to seeing this one unfold! A very promising start. 

Cheers

Mike

53 minutes ago, MikeA said:

I did one of the Hasegawa Me 262s about 15 years ago, inspired by one of your earlier builds.

If I'm not mistaken, I think this is one of Brian's earlier builds. The photos certainly look eerily familiar, and remind me of one of Brian's builds that became a great inspiration for my own:

Old or new, it's still fantastic work whichever way you look at it!

Kev

The model in that photo is not my work Kevin.  These two 262's are a far cry from the first two i had built. These were taken to a whole new level of detail and accuracy.  Thanks guys for the comments and for looking in so here is some more work:

pnhaOQncj

poPL0p2Qj

pmag4gypj

pouDFGhqj

plC756yGjpnCajTWxjplkelfBij

That's all the wheel bay detail done, next up is the cockpit.

2 hours ago, bcauchi said:

The model in that photo is not my work Kevin. These two 262's are a far cry from the first two i had built.

Oh, that was a link to my build, Brian - almost entirely inspired by yours! But isn't this build the same one you posted back in 2008? The photos look identical:

That thread was my initial inspiration.

Kev

1 hour ago, bcauchi said:

Yes Kev you are correct. Sorry about that. I will just wrap it up with a few pics of the finished work if this is a repetition. Thanks for pointing that out. 

On the downside, it is essentially a duplicate thread, which we generally don't encourage. But on the upside, a new raft of members is now getting to see your amazing builds, which may not have happened otherwise. And, if you're bringing a new perspective to the builds, then it has even more value, so I'll leave it to you to decide.

Kev