John1

Weird Problem on HS Forums

I'd post this over on HS but since I can't get my password reset and no one replies to my emails over there, I've given up.   Issue is - when I access their forums on my phone (iphone) ever 2nd or 3rd time, I get popups.  They blow me out of the forum and can't be closed.   They inform me that I just won something or need to do a survey and I'm required to click on the button to win my wonderful prize.  Only way to deal with this is to close out of my phone's browser and go in again.  Not the end of the world but it's still annoying as hell.  If it was a PC, I'd be worried about a virus if I clicked on the button (which I refuse to do)..  Never seen this with my PC when I go to their forums, also never seen this replicated on any other site on my phone.  Just HS.

You guys have any suggestions for how to deal with this?

Hi John, can you get to your account settings on your PC ?

This has happened to others too but my only suggestion is

to change your password if you can get to it.

I'm always on a PC and have had no problems.

I'm running both Adaware Adblock and Adblock Plus so

no popups.

7 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

Sounds like HS has a virus!

Tim

It does sound that way, unless HS is selling spots for these clickbait ads but the weird part is I’ve only seen this issue on my phone.    On my pc, all is well.   

I thought I was going to feel that way about the new LSP software when we first updated, but now that Im used to it, I really like it a lot better than the original version.   Honestly I don't go to HS often enough to know anything about their setup or software. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I thought I was going to feel that way about the new LSP software when we first updated, but now that Im used to it, I really like it a lot better than the original version.   Honestly I don't go to HS often enough to know anything about their setup or software. 

I go there very rarely, it's always terminally boring.:(

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

The Tapatalk forum software SUCKS rocks.  Bad.  Big rocks.  Hate. It.

All the adverts popping and changing all the time, and with a density of 1 ad for each 4 posts, three adverts  per screen I was feeling a bit queazy or maybe borderline epileptic.  Brett has trashed his own site as far as I am concerned.

Rick

14 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

All the adverts popping and changing all the time, and with a density of 1 ad for each 4 posts, three adverts  per screen I was feeling a bit queazy or maybe borderline epileptic.  Brett has trashed his own site as far as I am concerned.

Rick

Yeah....  it's distracting and makes you not want to frequent those forums.   It's unfortunate because there is some decent content there.  I'm guessing he did this for revenue purposes?  I've not seen other forums with adds interspersed with posts. Bad decision, it's definitely driving me away. 

Get an adblocker. I never see ads on the forum there.

It's true it's usually sorta boring there since the change.

It's easier to zip thru now than it used to be tho.

:shrug: