Bf 110E-3/trop 2.(H)/14 North Africa - almost done

Fanes

Well here's an update. The rear seatbelts are in place:

613328-34859-32.jpg

Those are from HGW and were ment for the Arado Ar196 - I really like the printing but cutting them was a bit fiddly.

For the pilot's seat the belts from eduard were used.. They're pre-cut but getting them in the buckles is fiddly as well.

613327-34859-84.jpg

The hip belts will follow soon after my short vacation over the weekend!

6 hours ago, Kahunaminor said:

I read somewhere that if you leave the PE buckles attached to the frets and thread the belts before removing them makes it easier to construct the harness. 

That's what I usually do when assembling belts. 

IMG_20160422_172724-L.jpg

IMG_20160422_232858-L.jpg

These are HGW belts. The only challenge is sometimes the fret attachment points are in the way so it doesn't always work on these and Eduard belts. 

Wako design their fret with this in mind and even show you in their instructions on leave them attached. 

IMG_20170126_215704-L.jpg

On 5/23/2019 at 3:27 PM, Fanes said:

Well here's an update. The rear seatbelts are in place:

613328-34859-32.jpg

Those are from HGW and were ment for the Arado Ar196 - I really like the printing but cutting them was a bit fiddly.

For the pilot's seat the belts from eduard were used.. They're pre-cut but getting them in the buckles is fiddly as well.

613327-34859-84.jpg

The hip belts will follow soon after my short vacation over the weekend!

The belts look great Fanes! The Eduard fabric belts are made by HGW as well but are the more recent laser cut ones. HGW also makes ones now that are printed on both sides. 

Carl

Some short news without pictures but with a new problem:
I struggled with the eduard insructions on the hip belts. So I hah a look at Radu's belts and then it struck me:
There seems to be something wrong with eduard's shoulder harness.

Compare the instructions from Radu (half way down) with the eduard ones.
What am I supposed to do now?

3 hours ago, Fanes said:

Some short news without pictures but with a new problem:
I struggled with the eduard insructions on the hip belts. So I hah a look at Radu's belts and then it struck me:
There seems to be something wrong with eduard's shoulder harness.

Compare the instructions from Radu (half way down) with the eduard ones.
What am I supposed to do now?

I think that generally, the shoulder harness on the 110 did not go through the seat but simply draped over the top of the seat, connected to the restraint about midway behind the seat. Having said that, they can go through the seat and then up over the pilot’s shoulders. If you simply drape them upwards and outwards over the corners of the seat before coming folding them over and back down it should resolve the length issue.

I will try and find a photo or diagram that I am sure I have but in the meantime maybe someone can offer an alternative.

Regards,

On 6/4/2019 at 1:30 AM, Kahunaminor said:

I will try and find a photo or diagram that I am sure I have but in the meantime maybe someone can offer an alternative.

That would be great - I didn't find any definitive informatin where the seatbelts were attached.

Has anyone compared the eduard/HGW seatbelts to the ones from RB production?
The way the belts are threaded through the buckles is completely different - at least to my eye.

The cockpit is completed after some fiddling and struggling!
The seatbelts are in palce and recieved a thin brown wash to highlight the details. The belts on the front seat were routed through the opening since I found two pictures in my references with that configuration. Dust and dirt was added to the cockpit floor with some MIG pigments.

621391-34859-14.jpg

One shot from the rear:

621392-34859-95.jpg

Two items will be put in place later on: the glass on the Revi (right before installing the wind screen) and the MG15 (at the very end of the build)

If the wheater stays rainy I might get a chance to close the fuselage tomorrow!