Bf 110E-3/trop 2.(H)/14 North Africa - almost done

Fanes

1 hour ago, BloorwestSiR said:

The linkage looks amazing. If you're looking for small springs, several Japanese companies (Wave, Kotobukiya) make them in various diameters. You just cut them to the length needed. 

Carl

100% agreed w/Carl on that. I have on several occasions gotten springs, clamps, hose tie downs, pipe sleeving, tubing, micro heat shrink tubing, any color of mini wire you want, of course all sizes of pre-made springs, and a multitude of other useful parts for model aircraft from a  Japanese appearing  model car site of all things. It appears like its a Japanese site, but its actually located in the UK.

Some really handy stuff there; you could spend hours and hours digging through small possibly useful parts.

https://www.hiroboy.com/

3 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

The linkage looks amazing. If you're looking for small springs, several Japanese companies (Wave, Kotobukiya) make them in various diameters. You just cut them to the length needed. 

Carl

That seems a lot more easy than twisting wires for an hour :clap2:

Work on the linkage has been postponed.
The progress on my 109 motivated me to tackle the other wing and here it is in all its beauty:

583433-34859-74.jpg

That's a little bit bigger than what I imagined :o

After all that hard work I did something fiddly to relax. The instrument panel recieved its Revi power connector and the two IP lamps.

For comparison I included the Dragon Revi in the picture. Well it's detailing is okayish but it's way overscale. The quickboost Revi is in my opinion much better.

583431-34859-11.jpg

And everything put together:

583432-34859-54.jpg

So long

Joachim

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread from the dead.

My 3D printed camera frame has finally arrived! The guy who did it for me was on vacation and then there was obviously other stuff to do but here it is:

594019-34859-92.jpg

Fit should be good since the old part from fused filament did fit decently (despite being a disaster in any other way). The print quality is really amazing with extreme thin details.
The challenge will be to remove this brittle and thin part in one piece from the support structure. Mroe on that tomorrow.

So long

Joachim

Warning: The ligh hearted may skip this post.

Mayhem

It took me over an hour with really delicate sawing (finest PE saw I own) to remove the support structure but in the end within the last two connectors the whole thing blew up.

Pieces recocheted and that's the result:

594311-34859-81.jpg

The wohle printed parts was under stress and only hold together through the support structure. After some consideration and damage assessment I decided to reconstruct the thing.

594310-34859-76.jpg

One piece of the arch is still missing - I#ll go crawl over the floor later again.

Wish me luck!

The missing part did'n show up during my extensive crawling around session, so I decided to scratch a replacement.

It's not perfect and still needs trimming and sanding but I think in the end it'll be good enough!

594718-34859-48.jpg

The AIMS camera is only dry fitted and is of course tiltable like the original. The good side of the frame will be mor visible.

594719-34859-32.jpg

And here it is in the cockpit:

594717-34859-63.jpg

Now I have to do the cleanup, prime the frame, clean up again, dry fit the auxilary units and the electical connectors and then the cockpit is good to (finally) go to painting stage.

Thanks for watching and commenting!