chrish

Holy Schnicke that looks nice! 

A cutter may solve some of your problems for sure, I have one and I am just experimenting with it at the moment, but it seems to be able to do more than just cutting masks.

(You had it cold, we had it colder. One morning here in North Eastern Manitoba we had -46 actual degrees C...)

Cheers

H.

11 minutes ago, Winnie said:

Holy Schnicke that looks nice! 

A cutter may solve some of your problems for sure, I have one and I am just experimenting with it at the moment, but it seems to be able to do more than just cutting masks.

(You had it cold, we had it colder. One morning here in North Eastern Manitoba we had -46 actual degrees C...)

Cheers

H.

I’ve looked at cricut cutters and cameo cutters often. While they seem to do everything I’d need them to do, my last super whizzy printer purchase seems intent on driving me mad, it is not a user friendly device at all!  So, if a cutter is user friendly, offers what I need and doesn’t try to drive me mad, maybe it is the tool for me. But...if it has problems with simple tasks I probably won’t use it.

id be really interested in hearing your take on it... and how to use it

Thanks to everybody who visited and offered suggestions on my CF 18 (F-118) journey. The build wasn't as tough as I initially expected, thanks to a well designed and made kit and great decals from Leading Edge, although I didn't use them all, if not for the decals I'd not have been able to copy as a mask for painting.

I'm calling it finished. I have a few bits and pieces left over for another Canadian A which will no doubt get used but, on a gray plane.

the finished model with left over resin bits

t119dbk.jpg

hMU6KJz.jpg

ujnshqg.jpg

kDyfj32.jpg

w0o2wbX.jpg

uIG86ye.jpg

NHFw4qU.jpg

On to the next large scale multi engine model...maybe

Hey is that some wiring i see poking out of that spotlight?  :m0152:  

sorry couldn’t help myself, I was looking at some of your shots close up, I’m impressed with your paint job, and was reminded of that detail work you commented on earlier  :D