chrish

Thanks again for looking! and the kind comments!

I've been working fairly consistently a couple of hours a night all week putting on decals and touching up paint goofs. I lowered my arm at one point and hit a steel ruler that was sticking out over the edge of the desk that I was using as a guide for my blade to cut out decals , the ruler snapped down on the one end, up on the other and snapped a tail fin right off the model, the fin broke off the tail, flew straight up and I caught it...I got lucky that time! I did break the rudder off but it was just the glue that let go.

A couple of shots tonight of where it sits at the end of the day.

Another goof, I painted the stripe wrong way round. It's back in primer now

nX2v7rm.jpg

masking the arrestor hook for the black

8aCulcg.jpg

decalling in progress

KOQ30qa.jpg

FWIgZED.jpg

sbbvNf5.jpg

5VsQnqo.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks for looking and commenting.

I've spent an enjoyable few hours (ok most of the day, but it's still blistering cold and staying indoors is not only recommended its required) I've finally got the flaps and ailerons onto the wings, in my opinion the model just wouldn't look right unless they're all hanging. I'll be fixing clear parts and nav. lights next.

I finally got the stripe on the gear cover on right way round

9ePDFsI.jpg

The flaps etc. parts finally on and fitting clear parts.

L0HAIrN.jpg

Y2kT0XM.jpg

Really coming together now, Chris!

4 minutes ago, chrish said:

[...] but it's still blistering cold and staying indoors is not only recommended its required) [...]

Just the opposite here! We're in the midst of a nasty end-of-summer heatwave here, with several days in a row of temperatures close to 40°C. I'm over it!

Kev

I hate you!

LOL

42 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Really coming together now, Chris!

Just the opposite here! We're in the midst of a nasty end-of-summer heatwave here, with several days in a row of temperatures close to 40°C. I'm over it!

Kev

I hate you!

lol

5 minutes ago, chrish said:

I hate you!

LOL

I hate you!

lol

No need - the novelty wears off quickly! Too hot to sleep, too hot to do any model building, power brown-outs from the collective aircon draw, shopping centres clogged with people seeking relief, and just generally too hot to do much of anything. Ten years ago it didn't bother me nearly as much as it does these days, but this old man is about done with it. The only benefit is that your laundry dries on the washing line before you've finished hanging it out!

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

No need - the novelty wears off quickly! Too hot to sleep, too hot to do any model building, power brown-outs from the collective aircon draw, shopping centres clogged with people seeking relief, and just generally too hot to do much of anything. Ten years ago it didn't bother me nearly as much as it does these days, but this old man is about done with it. The only benefit is that your laundry dries on the washing line before you've finished hanging it out!

Kev

Isn't this just insane,  just the opposite here. The 3rd coldest February in Calgary since 1933 and no real break in sight.  We are so sick of it....  but I see what Kev is saying....  we can thankfully escape the cold in our warm houses.  You can't escape the heat if you don't have AC and it can be unbearable.   I'll take the cold anytime

Your build looks great!!!!

Even in Oregon we got hit with a late snowstorm. Eugene got 16" and basically shut down. Some places still don't have power. Amtrak was halted for 24hrs when loco hit downed tree. They got 5ft in the mountains. We just got 3" at our house. Wife is ready to go back to AZ, but they got hit with a ton of rain and even 3" of snow in N. Scottsdale. Weird winter.

Hornet is looking great, chrish!