chrish

5 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Aren't all the Canadian special F-18 paint schemes fantastic by the way?

Alain

Not all Alain..once a year just a selected.  the vast majority look pretty drab. like this.

The slipstream stains are very prevalent.

8Sw5dW.jpg

Edited by williamj

1 hour ago, chrish said:

I discovered a way of making masks from paper when I ruined the shark mouth decals for a 1/32 Hasegawa P40 a few years ago, I scanned/ copied the decals (that way the mask is the same size as the original decals) cut the image out (I used a exacto knife) lay them on the model, put a few drops of water on the paper mask and brush it down with a wide soft brush, soak up the excess that squeezes out from under the paper and shoot the paint...very low pressure with frequent passes on the air brush and dampen the mask frequently as the airbrush has a tendency to dry the mask quite quickly...something to do with blowing air on it I guess?

Wow, I had that same idea for masking canopies. I have a miserable time

trying to line things up when as soon as the mask touches the plastic it

sticks. So if you don't have it lined up perfectly it messes the whole thing up.

(as you all know). Wouldn't it be nice I thot, to be able to slide the mask around

until it all lined up.

Great minds ...

nGBNjRa.jpg

Your jet plane's looking fantastic btw  :clap2:

Thanks you guys!

I still have to touch up the LERX paint where it joins the fuselage and fix a couple of gaps on that avionics bay and add some details to the spot light box...as the project continues, join us next week, same bat time same bat channel!