Transporting Aircraft

Brent

Howdy Gang,

I don't know where my old thread went. So, I will restart it.

It's tough displaying some of these large models so I look for alternative ways. One of my solutions is to show the model in transport. I like seeing them out of context. They are easier to display with the wings off. The display is more interesting because it is on a flatbed trailer or something.

Anyhoo, let's start this again.

troops-of-the-german-bundeswehr-load-a-w

This is one of my favorites. I very much need to model at least one truck & Komet combo.

Someone else did here (smaller scale though)... http://hawkeyes-squawkbox.com/2009/08/25/after-action-report-ipms-national-convention-pt-iii/

9501ec3fb4bd94cd6a52b18bf68ba08a.jpg

Edited by Brent

I have often thought about the idea of displaying an aircraft with missing wings, but showing a little wing internal wing root detail, which you would probably have to scratch build.

Something like this with a WNW Felixstowe could work well as a display piece, and avoid the problem of not being able to display it otherwise!

2579-14.jpg

Just now, ringleheim said:

I have often thought about the idea of displaying an aircraft with missing wings, but showing a little wing internal wing root detail, which you would probably have to scratch build.

Something like this with a WNW Felixstowe could work well as a display piece, and avoid the problem of not being able to display it otherwise!

EXACTLY!

4 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

That is a great idea!  and cuts rigging down big time!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...