P-38J Lightning - Revell 1/32

Azgaron

I've got all of the mustang ZM figures via eBay , just checking there obsessively , they are out there , if you're patient 

I'm looking forward to seeing this old warhorse built again , seem to recall building it in my youth ,  and as usual making a complete pigs ear out of it ,it'll be intresting to see what a competent modeler makes of it !

and Juraj those figures look great 

colinR

Started out today. Mostly cleaning up parts and just happened to assemble the engine.

39899894563_0f17e3a0ec_b.jpg

I plan to have the engine visible, so I'll try to add some details, wiring/plumbing mostly.

Even though I've planned to use the kit decals, I noticed they're a bit yellowed, so I might switch them.

I found a set in one of the Kagero books that looked nice. Just gotta order it! :)

Håkan

Thank you! :)

That's a pity as they look pretty nice on ZM site.

Found a few other figures that might work. Just need to figure where to get them.

Trying to figure how to enhance the look of the engine. As far as I can discern, the collector pipe (exhaust) doesn't look like the thing provided by Revell.

Not sure how much of the engine that will show.

Also after checking pics. Rivets seems to be quite flush, and the only thing that can be seen are the screws for covers over the engine and so on.

As soon as I've re-scribed the panel lines I'll sand everything else flush, and make new marks for the screws, somehow.

Håkan

This, on the right, is one of the ZM mechanic figures marketed for the Ta152H-1, so German, compared with a Wings Cockpit figure Luftwaffe mechanic.  The ZM American figures you've been looking at could well be better but I'd also have a good look at the Wings Cockpit figures range.  You'll only find this on Facebook though, no website I'm afraid.

3SQozm.jpg

A Wings Cockpit figure:

Hs7xvk.png

I contacted him but haven't go a reply yet. Could be due to that I wrote in the weekend.

I've started detailing the engine somewhat.

39934895723_ea1c61919f_b.jpg

31958362207_fd775967de_b.jpg

45985129785_ed941ba6cf_b.jpg

I've also removed all of the fuselage parts and started rescribing them.

39934895643_ec1469e752_b.jpg

Not easy to see at the moment as I haven't sanded down the old panel lines yet.

Will do the wings parts as well, when I get thus far.

Håkan

@Juraj I don't have any references, I'm just using the raised ones as guides, taking the simple way out! :)

I'm doing a little bit at the time while glue are drying on other parts, like the engine.

Just trying to figure how to do with the screws that are raised, as I think they aren't in reality.

Perhaps I can get hold of a metal tube from a .5mm pen or something like that.

I got this one fairly cheap, and it's actually the 2nd one I'm building. Have a started build with Trumpeter leftovers, and after checking my stash I realised I do have the Trumpeter kit too! :)

Thinking of getting replacement props and gun barrels.

Håkan