HK Lancaster musings

Astro32

Greetings all!

Been really busy with a lot of stuff in my life so I haven't been around here too much lately.

With the HK Lanc finally out, I had a good look at one in my LHS and I'm impressed! But it figures it's finally out when things slow way down in my business, but that's life. Many of you may already know that I plan to convert one into a Lancastrian, Aries specifically. My father and his maintenance crew serviced her during the Karachi layover on the famous proving flight she made in 1946. I have a few photos Dad took of her at that time. When the time comes that I have one in my grubby paws, I'm debating whether to wait for a conversion kit & markings, or to get out the carving tools and make the nose & tail cones, and other specific bits, myself. With the latter in mind, are there any good accurate plans for the Lancastrian out there? With the former, I'm wondering if I should wait. Given the very little spare time I have nowadays, it's obvious a conversion kit would be the way to go. Then I'll have to figure out how & where to display it!

Advice and commiseration would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

On 1/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, ringleheim said:

Just did my usual Google type searches looking for drawings, and didn't find anything.

Same here. I could probably wing it with basic dimensions and clear photos, but I'm hoping somebody somewhere has a good set of drawings.