Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A Corsair

Robert

Wow that looks terrific!   My only suggestion on the gloss is just be super careful with the gloss application out of a rattle can. Ive done it, but the amount of particulate that comes out is tremendous, and you will get a LOT of gloss down really fast, and you can end up with way more down than you wanted. 

That looks incredible! I'm very jealous... I can do a neat job of the fine detail stuff, like the cockpit etc, but really struggle when it comes to the final paint job... 

I also had massive issues getting the engine/cowl on and in the end I had to close it all up and use copious amounts of filler. I still don't know what I did wrong, but you've done a great cover up job, if you hadn't said anything, I would never have known.

Well what an adventure for this new modeler. After nearly 3 weeks I finally got this one buttoned up. The end was tricky for me with the gloss coat and rigging the plane. I tried a few different ways to top coat the aircraft. 1st I tried airbrushing some Vallejo gloss but I darn near smoked the entire family out of our house (I don't have a shop). So that didn't work so well and I had to resort to a spray can. I ended up using Tamiya Semi gloss from the can and surprisingly it turned out alright.

Next I had to rig the plane which I had never tried before. I scanned the internet for reference photos and hopefully I'm somewhat close. 

All in all I'm happy with the end result. There were a LOT of mistakes made but it's a learning process. A huge thanks to all the wonderful members who have given me encouraging words. I'll post a pic here and a few more in the RFI section. I apologize for the bad phone pics but it's the best I can do for now. Cheers

1_1.jpg

Edited by Robert