ICM 1/32 MiG-25 Foxbat?!?

thierry laurent

1 hour ago, FCM said:

I think hiding future releases increases the risk of seeing another manufacturer producing the same kit at the same time and being released together, as it happened recently when we were surprised by two 1/32 Lancasters ...

On the other hand, announcing future releases does not interfere with other manufacturers. In 1/48 scale we saw Special Hobby promising a Tracker and a Hawkeye kits many years before Kinetic came on the market ... 

Realistically, I doubt anyone else is going to jump on a 1/32 MiG-25 and steal it if ICM announces one.  Trumpeter would be the only one who might, but since they’ve never made a MiG-25, whereas ICM already has CAD from their 1/48 kits, they would be quite a bit behind.  Many kits, especially from top tier manufacturers, are in development for years and already pretty far advanced by the time they get announced.  I think the actual instances of one manufacturer announcing a kit and another manufacturer starting from scratch and rushing to get one out first are few and far between.

In any case, there’s room for good kits of the same thing from multiple makers.  Look at the armor world, where RFM, Takom, and Meng are all releasing overlapping Panthers and Tigers.