ICM 1/32 MiG-25 Foxbat?!?

thierry laurent

58 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Does this guy know something most of us do not...?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/NSQ7TUYSJ/1-32-mig-25-foxbat-exhausts-short-type?optionId=71199182

I'm afraid this is too good to be true but who knows...?

I’m curious how it can be resized to fit a kit that isn’t out yet.  Also, the 2019 ICM catalog doesn’t list a 1/32 MiG-25.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/01/icm-models-catalogue-new-items-of-2019.html#more

Hi Dave.

You are fully right and this is precisely why I thought this too good to be true. I do not want to launch a rumour...!

However, as ICM has all the capabilities to release a good MiG, I cannot conclude anything for sure. Moreover, manufacturers are more and more reluctant to announce the new kits.

I suppose we just have...to wait!

Thierry

Having three of the 1/48 ICM Foxbats and built (almost) one of them, I can attest to the accuracy of the models and - way more important to the 1/32 rumour - the kits' almost "flat pack" engineering which lends extremely well to scaling up without the use of complex deep moulds.

A 1/32 Foxbat seems a natural to me, given the HUGE success of their MiG-25s in both 1/48 and 1/72 scales.

Just please, if this is true, provide a more positive join for the stabilators and include its actuator arms, and consider a metal insert for the MLG legs.

To close I think it's still vapourware but is maybe 18 months away, like the rumoured KH 1/32 Voodoo.

Tony