ICM 2019 Catalogue

LSP_Kevin

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

Anyone here build an ICM kit?  How are they? I know very little about them.

I have finished Bu-131 and started I-16

parts are crisp and fit is generally really nice. But for me (and really this is just my personal preference) there is not enough details included and I need at least some PE and wiring for the cockpit. Generally It gives me really similar feeling as with the Revell P-51. Nice simple kits which can be turn into outstanding models OOB or with some AM added. I really like all the new kits from ICM and I hope that they will bring us more and more 1/32 releases in upcoming years.

jan

Edited by Jan_G

2 hours ago, AlanG said:

To be fair Jennings the P-51D was a lovely kit too. I am seriously tempted with their 1/48 He111 kits.

I have been studying their He-111 and Ju-88 kits in 1/48 scale the last day or so.  There's good videos at Youtube and some online reviews/builds.

Both look good.

Happy to see a Gladiator in 32 scale. I have only made one ICM kit, an Italieri rebox of the ICM Hs 126 in 48 scale. I remember the kit fitting decently. What is the general take on the fit of ICM produced biplanes? I only ask because I'm thoroughly spoiled by Wingnut Wings fit when it comes to biplanes.

Answering Ringleheims question above.  I have build up both the Rata and the I-153 from ICM.    The Rata is 95% there but I would recommend the brass undercarriage set for this kit!  The finished kit is rather wobbly on its main gear.  The three point stance on those skinny legs just isn’t working well for me.    The I-153 is a bit more stout and holds up well.  One of the easiest bi-planes I’ve ever worked on.  The kit just fell together and fits well.   The canopy mask for the Rata is another must.  The upper defined canopy frame is a bit light in detail and extremely hard to mask.  I finally ordered a masking set for it and it went without any fuss.  I also have a set of Northstar wheels for the Rata which are awesome but the Northstar website.   Oh my!   

I need to post some pictures up!   I’m only on my IPad working overseas and I don’t want to use my work laptop for this sort of thing.  

8 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

The I-153 is a bit more stout and holds up well.  One of the easiest bi-planes I’ve ever worked on.  The kit just fell together and fits well.   The canopy mask for the Rata is another must.  The upper defined canopy frame is a bit light in detail and extremely hard to mask.  I finally ordered a masking set for it and it went without any fuss.

Thats what I like to hear! Id really like to pick up an I-153 on skis. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 7:33 PM, Darren Howie said:

The Mig-25 goes together beautifully even though at first look the engineering looks craziky complex.

They are doing some outstanding stuff...

Which Mig-25 kit is that?

On 1/18/2019 at 10:55 AM, Alain Gadbois said:

Yes, except for the type 5, unfortunately.

Alain

Neomega sells a Type 5 conversion kit. It was released with the first release of the I-16 and sells in the $35 range on ebay from Russia shipped to the US for about $9. Not cheap, but it does let you make a type 5.

Tnarg

On 1/18/2019 at 7:56 PM, ringleheim said:

Anyone here build an ICM kit?  How are they? I know very little about them.

That I-153 with skis looks quite interesting!

On 3/24/2019 at 12:33 AM, Darren Howie said:

The Mig-25 goes together beautifully even though at first look the engineering looks craziky complex.

They are doing some outstanding stuff...

I did the 1:48 Spitfire IX in the early 2000s when they first came on the scene: it was a struggle, needed lots of a/m just to deal with some short-shot and sink issues, fit could have been better, but it was the only Mk IX worth doing in that scale until Eduard.  I built the MiG-25RB for Scale Aviation Modeller International, published in the May 2018 issue.  I say that not as a shameless "Ooh, ooh, look at me", just to say that if you can get a copy you can read far more about a current ICM kit than I can write here.  ICM have come a long way since those early Spitfires.  The fit is not Tamiya shake-the-box standard, but is not far off provided you take care.  The MiG-25 engineering is great, and as Darren said above it seems complex, but it works.

Looking forward to the Gladiator, and with the precedent of the Bu 131 hoping for a state-of-the-art Tiger Moth & Miles Magister.