Bf 110D-3 w/DB 601N engine fuel type

wmoran

My Bf 110 references are somewhat limited, and I have been unable to find confirmation as to whether or not DB 601N engined aircraft required 100 octane fuel. I think I have enough spare Bf 109 sheets that I can come up with the decals.  Otherwise, I will print the yellow C3 triangles on clear decal stock and use my Silhouette to cut out triangles either from stencil material for painting or from white decal stock.  I don't think the Silhouette will cut something as small as the 'C3', so painting masks are probably out for that part of the marking. I have the HAD decal sheet for two III/ZG26 aircraft, and both have 'N' marked on the nacelles.  This is such a nice kit, but I can't believe that DML didn't include any stencils on the decal sheet.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Shawn, but I should be able to come up with something.  I need to experiment more with my Silhouette for masks and with printing decals.  

BTW:  I was working on another kit last night, and another part just disappeared.  I had the clear IP from a Trumpeter Bf 109G-2/trop masked and ready for paint.  After a break, I went to put it on the masking tape I had the other parts secured to, and I could not find it anywhere.  It probably stuck to my arm (it had done that earlier in the evening, but I noticed), and ended up in another room.  Luckily, I had an Eduard Bf 109G-6 IP that I am going to use.  It has an extra panel at the bottom (armament control I believe), but since I am going to build the G-2 as a photo-recce version, I assume it would have a similar panel for camera control.  I REALLY need to work on cleaning up and organizing my work area.